Have you been searching for affordable headphones recently? Phew, we know how challenging it can be! But, if you think that all the good quality and high-performance DJ headphones are expensive, you’ve got it all wrong. Although finding DJ headphones that satisfy your love for music without burning a big hole in your pocket can be tricky, it’s not impossible. With a little effort, you can easily find the best budget DJ headphones on the market.
We tried and tested a variety of pocket-friendly DJ headphones – each having exceptional features – and have put together a list of the most affordable and the best DJ headphones of 2023. Continue reading to know more.
Factors you should consider while buying DJ headphones
No matter what the price tag on the headphones says, there are a few things you should never be compromising on. Given below are the key elements that you should consider before investing in a pair of headphones.
- Clarity and sound quality: Are you content with the quality of sound? Can you hear each high and low distinctly? The better the sound quality, the easier it will be for you to produce excellent tracks.
- Comfort: You cannot afford to ignore this one. What good are DJ headphones with great sound quality, if they aren’t comfortable to wear for a long period? Look for a pair that fits comfortably around your ears and won’t give you a headache even if you wear for a few hours non-stop.
- Sturdiness: Will the headphones fall apart if they are accidentally dropped once or twice? Durability is a crucial element to consider when you are picking headphones, especially if you are a DJ since there is a lot of movement going on.
- The type of headphones: While some buyers prefer open-eared headphones, especially if you are on the move, others would rather buy closed ear headphones. Closed-ear headphones are designed in a way that the sound does not leak out – helping you focus on your tracks and match every beat of the music effortlessly. However, if you are a DJ who is into a lot of mixing, our team of experts recommends picking over-ear headphones (also known as supra aural headphones), since you are able to produce better tracks if you can hear some ambient noise.
- Additional features: Rotating ear cups enable the headphones to be used like those designed for single-ear usage. Perhaps you would like to buy a pair with detachable auxiliary cables or cords, or ones that come with a carrying pouch, making it easier to travel with them when you are on the move.
- Frequency range: This range is for your music’s bass and treble. The standard response range is between 20Hz to 20,000Hz. The lower value indicates the value of the bass, while the higher number represents the treble.
- Size of the drivers: The bigger the size of the drivers in the headphones, the better are the sound dynamics. The minimum driver size is 8mm while the maximum is 50mm.
Most Affordable DJ Headphones of 2023 – Our Top 4 Picks
1. Tascam TH-02 Closed Back Studio Headphones
- High-quality ear pad stitching
- Good for live performances
- Compact and foldable
- Operates well with an iPad
- The headband is uncomfortable for some users
- Ear cushioning isn’t soft
- Quality and sound clarity can deteriorate over time
The Tascam TH-02 is definitely a run for its money. You will be surprised at the stellar sound quality of these headphones! With a wide frequency response between 18 Hz to 22 kHz, these headphones have a good level of sensitivity too. You can distinctly hear every beat and tone, irrespective of the genre of music. Unlike many other similar DJ headphones, Tascam’s sound quality is exceptional. Every high, low, and mid can be heard crystal clearly.
The brand has not compromised on the design of the headphones and has incorporated 50 mm drivers; nevertheless, the headphones are still priced at a value much lower than other high-end DJ headphones of the same quality. Having said that, of course, you can’t compare their performance to the performance of Pioneer headphones.
While the drivers are definitely a plus point, the ear padding wasn’t as comfortable and soft as we would have liked. However, few customers haven’t had an issue with the ear cups and were able to wear the headphones for a longer duration without any hassles.
These headphones do not come with an additional detachable cable. The cable permanently attached to the headphones is 9.8 feet in length, which is astonishingly long and great for DJs who love dancing along with their crowd, while blaring up amazing mix tapes. But, don’t jump and move around too much – the cable isn’t exactly what you would call ‘sturdy.’ That being said, the headphones are compact and foldable and are an ideal travel buddy. Both ear cups have 90-degree rotation, so, for those DJs who love mixing and recording with single-ear headphones – this one’s for you. You won’t have an issue tracking for hours. Read the Full Tascam TH-02 Review.
View on Amazon: Tascam TH-02 Closed Back Studio Headphones
2. Samson SR850 Semi-Open-Back Studio Reference Headphones
- Self-adjustable headband
- Comfortable fit
- Velour pads do not heat up
- Sleek look
- Users have complained about headband slipping off
- Plastic construction may not appeal to all
- Too much bass
- Clamping is tight
You won’t believe us if we tell you how much these banger headphones cost; we couldn’t believe ourselves! The Samson SR850 headphones have the same features and performance as those of a high-end mixing headphone. What a steal!
The brand has incorporated neodymium magnets and 50mm drivers, which give a vast dynamic bound. You won’t complain about the ear padding even if you wear these for a prolonged period – that’s how comfortable they are. For all the audiophiles out there, you are going to love the sound quality of these headphones. Being open-ear headphones, they are highly suitable for mixing, monitoring, and recording. It also means you get the best mix possible since you can clearly hear every high and low.
We tested the construction of the Samson SR850 Headphones, and were happy to see that they are durable, despite the material being used in the design is plastic. However, the cables are non-detachable, so if that is of concern for you, don’t invest in the SR850. The frequency response of the headphones lies between 10 to 30 kHz.
3. Behringer HPX2000 Headphones High-Definition DJ Headphones
- Sturdy design
- The Design has a cobalt capsule
- Rotatable ear cups
- High sound quality
- Warranty included
- High definition bass
- Adjustable headband length
- Limited noise cancellation
- Headband may feel bulky
The Behringer HPX2000 DJ headphones are one of the best and cheapest DJ headphones on the market. They have a diverse, dynamic range, and along with 40mm drivers, they provide a perfect music experience. Designed with a cobalt capsule, the bass definition is of top quality. Despite the low price, Behringer hasn’t compromised on the headphones’ construction. The HPX2000 are quite durable and won’t get damaged by a tiny fall. You might sometimes even forget you are wearing headphones on your head – that’s how light these are!
If you have multiple devices to listen to or create music, don’t worry about the compatibility of the headphones. Thanks to the 1/4 inch TRS adapter and 1/8 inch TRS connector, these DJ headphones function exceptionally well with all devices.
They provide a good level of comfort too, with thick and soft ear pads which have good noise cancellation. The ear cups are reversible and rotating. However, the Behringer HPX2000 headphones are wired pair and can restrict movement if you are moving while listening to music or talking with the headphones on. Having said that, the one-sided cable made of oxygen-free copper wires will not be a nuisance to you when you are mixing or DJing.
View on Amazon: Behringer HPX2000 Headphones High-Definition DJ Headphones
4. OneOdio Studio
- Great sound quality
- High fidelity
- Sleek look with a glossy finish
- Slightly heavy
These over-the-ear headphones provide a high level of comfort; you can comfortably wear them for long duration without any hassles. Since the headphones are compact and flexible, they can easily fit into your bag by simply folding them flat, so you don’t need to worry about how you are going to travel with them. Not only this but the headphones are also very durable. In fact, they are one of the most durable budget-friendly headphones on the market.
This pair of headphones with neodymium magnets clearly distinguishes between different tones, and provides crystal-clear sound quality along with a professional dynamic bass sound. With a dual-duty cable, it eradicates the need for an adapter, making it highly convenient. Since it comes without an adapter, it comes with two plugs of standard size of 6.3mm and 3.5mm respectively. As both of these plugs can easily be detached, you don’t need to waste time plugged to your mixer.
Therefore, if you’re looking for DJ headphones with high-quality sound, OneOdio Studio is the pair of headphones for you this year. The headphones operate at a frequency range of 20Hz-20KHz.
View on Amazon: OneOdio Bluetooth Over Ear Headphones
So, What Do You Think About the Best Affordable DJ Headphones
For a DJ, nothing can get better than a good pair of headphones that are not only equipped with all the features you need but are also easily affordable. Does bring a smile to your face, doesn’t it?
If you are an aspiring DJ, the best budget DJ headphones are a great way to begin your musical adventure. Not only will you be able to learn what features you prefer, but it will also be a great learning experience for you. We definitely wouldn’t say these headphones are at par with high-end ones like Beats, for example, but they do surely provide some tough competition, especially with the price.
We hope we’ve been able to provide you with adequate information to help you buy the best pair of DJ headphones as per your budget and needs. Ensure that you’ve given some thought before investing in DJ headphones.
If you have any questions, doubts, or queries, feel free to drop a comment in our comment section below, and our experts will get back to you with an answer in no time. If there are any products you have in mind that you would like for us to review and compare, do write to us!