So, you’ve bought new Bluetooth headphones but are not sure how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PC? Well, don’t worry; it’s not science! Don’t get intimidated with the thoughts that are running all over your mind. Here, in this post, we’ll teach you how to connect a Bluetooth headset to your PC. Read further to know more.
Does Your PC Support Bluetooth?
First things first, while you’re trying to connect your Bluetooth headphones to PC, do you even know if your PC supports Bluetooth? If you don’t; it’s time you check your Windows PC or Mac to ensure it has Bluetooth functionality. Once you’re sure about the Bluetooth support, you can follow the steps given below to connect your brand new Bluetooth headset to your Windows PC or Mac!
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to a Windows PC?
Once you’re sure about the compatibility of your Bluetooth headphones with your Windows 7, 8 or 10 PC, here’s what you need to do to get going:
1. The first and most important step is enabling your headphones’ Bluetooth pairing mode. So, let’s get started by putting your headphones’ in Bluetooth mode. Most Bluetooth headphones can be put in Bluetooth pairing mode by pressing the power button for 5-10 seconds. Once the status light starts blinking, you know you’ve done the job pretty well. However, if you are not sure about how to do it, you can check the brand’s website or make the most of YouTube to get started.
2. In the second step, leave your headphones and move to your PC. From the ‘Start Menu,’ pick ‘Settings’ or use the search button to find ‘Settings’ on your Windows PC.
3. Once the ‘Settings’ window opens, click ‘Devices.’
4. On the ‘Devices’ page, you’ll find an option ‘Bluetooth and Other Devices; click it.
5. On the ‘Bluetooth and Other Devices’ page, ensure Bluetooth is switched on. If it isn’t, toggle the button to switch it on.
6. Then, in the next step, click ‘Add Bluetooth or Other Device’ and pick your Bluetooth headphones from the list. Allow a few moments to establish a connect between both Bluetooth devices (your headphones and Windows PC).
7. Your headphones may connect to your Windows PC automatically or you may have to enter a pass-code. If there’s no pass-code, simply enter ‘0000’ to proceed.
8. As soon as your Bluetooth headphones are connected to the PC, you’ll get a notification stating, ‘Connected (the content of the message can vary across systems).’ Click ‘Done’ and jump out of the ‘Settings’ window. You don’t need it anymore.
That’s it. You’ve successfully connected your Bluetooth headphones to your PC. Isn’t it easy? All in all, you can connect your Bluetooth headphones to almost all Bluetooth devices, such as smartphones, PCs, Xbox, and so on.
Unpairing Bluetooth Headphones on a Windows PC
So, by now you know how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PC. But, what about unpairing them? Once your Bluetooth headphones and Windows PC are connected, they’ll automatically reconnect whenever you’re within the Bluetooth range and Bluetooth is switched on.
Nevertheless, if you’re not fond of the automatic connection, here’s what you can do to unpair Bluetooth headphones on a Windows PC:
1. Open ‘Settings’ and click ‘Devices.’
2. Click ‘Bluetooth and Other Devices’ and click the ‘Bluetooth Headphones’ you want to unpair.
3. Click the ‘Remove’ button.
Cool! You’ve successfully unpaired your Bluetooth headphones on your Windows PC.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to a Mac?
Pairing Bluetooth headphones with a Mac is as easy as pairing them with a Windows PC. Here’s what you need to do:
1. Open ‘System Preferences’ on the Apple Menu.
2. Click ‘Bluetooth’ and ensure it’s switched on.
3. Meanwhile, ensure you’ve enabled the “Bluetooth pairing’ feature of your device to make it discoverable.
4. Once you spot your Bluetooth headphones on the device list, click ‘Connect’ to establish a connection. Your headphones may connect to your Mac automatically or you may have to enter a passcode. If there’s no passcode, simply enter ‘0000’ to proceed.
5. Once the connection is established, you’ll see the message ‘Connected’ under your device’s name.
That’s it. Once you successfully connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Mac, they will stay connected or reconnect without any manual efforts, provided you stay within the Bluetooth range, i.e., approximately 10 meters or 33 feet.
Unpairing Bluetooth Headphones on a Mac
Similar to unpairing Bluetooth headphones on a Windows PC, you can easily remove your Bluetooth headphones from your Mac. Here’s what you can do:
1. Open ‘System Preferences’ using the Apple menu, followed by clicking ‘Bluetooth.’
2. Search for your Bluetooth headphones and click the ‘X’ button in front of the device’s name to remove it from Mac.
3. Click ‘Remove’ to confirm removal and unpair the Bluetooth headphones on your Mac.
Bluetooth Headphones Not Connecting to Mac? Try to Find the Problem!
Here’s are two reasons why your Bluetooth headphones are not connecting to your Mac:
1. You’re skipping some important steps required to configure the Bluetooth headphones with your Mac
2. You’re using the same process you follow when connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your iPhone or car’s audio system; connecting Bluetooth headphones to Mac is a different technique altogether
Bluetooth Headphones Connected to Mac But Missing Audio? Try This!
So, you’ve managed to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Mac but not getting any audio? Here’s what you can do!
Ensure your Bluetooth headphones are the chosen audio output for Mac. Follow these steps to check the audio output status:
1. Open ‘System Preferences,’ and click ‘Sound.’
2. In the Output tab, search for your headphones and double-click to activate them and select them as audio output for your Mac.
Still not getting audio? Let’s try this:
– Reset your Bluetooth headphones (switch off Bluetooth and switch it on again).
– Open ‘System Preferences,’ and click ‘Bluetooth.’
– Unpair your Bluetooth headphones as discussed above
– Connect your Bluetooth headphones to Mac again using the procedure discussed at the beginning of this section.
So, now that you know how to connect Bluetooth headphones to PC (both Windows and Mac), do you think it’s a difficult task? Well, it’s not, if you follow the steps as explained above. We hope you found the article useful. If you have any follow-up questions, please feel free to post them in the comment section below. We’ll be more than happy to address your concerns/queries.