If you are planning to buy the AirPods anytime soon, it’s of the utmost importance to know how well they fit inside your ear. Do AirPods fall out easily or do they remain intact while working out and running? To get you the right answer, we tested the Apple AirPods to evaluate their fit, quality and so on. Read further to know more.
Will the Airpods Stay Inside My Ear?
Well, if you have EarPods that fit well in your ears and don’t fall out easily, the AirPods will also provide a great fit. And vice-versa. Some of the AirPods users on our team with small ear canals did not find the AirPods comfortable. However, most of us did not experience any issues with the AirPods even while jogging, running and working out. Here’s what Loucy, one of the headphones experts on our team has to say:
Not only did I work out, I danced like crazy too. I flipped my hair, moved my head like crazy with the beats, and whatnot. Nevertheless, the Apple Airpods stayed put. They did not fall out even once. There was absolutely no impact of the movement on the audio quality. I simply loved the AirPods.Loucy, Writer at HeadphonesProReview
How to Stop the AirPods From Falling Out – 7 Tried and Tested Hacks
If you don’t have any second thoughts about purchasing the Apple AirPods and want to have them come what may, here are a few quick tips to stop the AirPods from falling out:
1. Remove dirt and oil build-up from the surface of the Airpods to ensure they fit properly
Dirt and oil accumulated on the AirPods can affect how they fit inside your ears. Therefore, each time you wear the AirPods, take a clean towel or cloth and dip it in cool water (don’t dip the entire cloth/towel, ensure you wet only the corners). Avoid using wet wipes or a cloth/towel soaked in water to avoid damaging your AirPods.
2. Push the AirPods inside your ear lightly with the pointed end facing down
Gently push the AirPods inside your ear to ensure the speakers are targeted toward your ear canal. Ensure the other end faces downward and is vertically aligned to your face. Do not push the AirPods very deep, you may end up injuring your ear canal.
3. Rotate the AirPods to ensure they fit properly
Another way to ensure the AirPods fit properly is to rotate them inside your ears. When you rotate the AirPods, do so very gently. Upon rotation, the stem of the AirPods will be horizontally aligned to your face.
4. Use a cover with ear hooks for added stability
These days, you can easily find covers with ear hooks specially designed for the Apple AirPods. These covers ensure the AirPods perfectly fit in your ears and do not fall out easily. When purchasing an AirPods ear hook cover, ensure the cover material is not slippery. You can explore the following AirPods ear hooks:
- Earbuddyz 2.0 Ear Hooks – You can use these ear hooks with the AirPods 1, AirPods 2, and EarPods.
- Ahastyle Silicone AirPods Ear Hooks – You can use these ear hooks also with AirPods 1, AirPods 2 and EarPods.
- Proof Labs AirPods Pro Ear Hooks – As the name suggests, the Proof Labs Ear Hooks are compatible with the AirPods Pro only.
5. Get silicone tips of different sizes to find the one that best suits your ear
You can purchase silicone tips designed for the AirPods and fit them on the AirPod speakers to ensure a proper fit. Ensure the speakers are aligned with the opening in the ear tips to avoid muffling of music. Silicone ear tips can help in creating a tight seal inside your ear and ensuring the AirPods don’t fall out easily. You can use the following AirPods ear tips:
- Ahastyle 3 Pairs AirPods Ear Tips – These ear tips are available in different sizes to suit the requirements of different users. You can choose between a package comprising 2 pairs large and 2 pairs small, 3 pairs small or 3 pairs large.
- BLLQ AirPods Ear Tips – These ear tips are compatible with the AirPods 1, AirPods 2 and EarPods. They are available in different package options comprising ear tips of different colors.
- OneCut AirPods Ear Tips – These ear tips are also compatible with the AirPods 1, AirPods 2 and EarPods. And, you can choose between 9 colors – Black, Blue, Clear, Gray, Pink, Red, White, Light Blue and Mint Green.
6. Cover the AirPods with foam-based earphone covers to ensure a great fit
Another interesting AirPod accessory is the foam-based earphone cover. You can easily find foam earphone covers in the Apple store or any other mobile accessories store near you. Simply cover the speakers with the fuzzy foam earphone covers and see how wonderfully the AirPods will fit in your ears. The best things about foam-based earphones covers are that they are soft and comfortable. So you don’t need to worry about any discomfort in your ears.
7. Place a piece of waterproof adhesive tape on either sides of the AirPods speakers
This method is a little tricky and time consuming. However, we’ve tested it with our AirPods and it worked perfectly. To begin with, you need a waterproof adhesive tape. Avoid using scotch or duck tape if you don’t want sticky residue on your AirPods. Use a hole punch to remove four small circles from the waterproof adhesive tape. Now place a small circle on either side of both the AirPods speakers. The tape will provide additional grip inside your ears.
As you can see in the post above, there’s no right or wrong answer to the question “Do AirPods Fall Out Easily?” The answer depends on the size of your ear canal and how you are using your Apple AirPods. If you feel all earbuds fit inside your ear perfectly and only AirPods are falling out, you can use the 7 tips listed in the previous section to ensure a suitable fit.
Got more hacks to keep the AirPods from falling out easily? We look forward to hearing them. All if you have any questions, please feel free to share them in the comment section below.