Imagine that you just recorded the most mesmerizing sunset video on your iPhone. You play the video again and are proud to see that the angles are great and the lighting is wonderful. But then, you realize that while the video is good, it isn’t perfect. Why? Well, you forgot to add music to your masterpiece of a video! Adding background music to iPhone videos completely changes the game.
You will be surprised to know that adding music to your video project is much simpler and quicker than video creation and video editing combined. While it may seem daunting at first, especially with so many music tracks available and video editing apps with many features, editing videos and adding a music file is a piece of cake once you figure out the correct technique to add an audio track.
Don’t worry. Our team of experts is here to help you figure out how to add music to a video on your iPhone. Keep on reading to have all of your questions answered. If you can learn how to add audio to Google slides on iPhone, you can also learn how to make a video with music on iPhone.
How Do I Add Music to a Video on iPhone’s Memory Videos App?
If you have ever decided to dive deep into the features your iPhone provides you with, you must have stumbled across Memories in the Photos app. If you haven’t investigated your photos app, the ‘Memories’ feature on the app creates a movie using the pictures and videos from your camera roll.
Once this is done, it acts as an automatic video editing app and will add transitions by itself. Along with this, it will also add its own music, which is a pretty cool feature.
You can change the existing clip on the video on your iPhone and the pictures and videos. In addition, there are many other customizable features you can add to the video project.
To add music to a video on iPhone’s memory videos app, follow the steps below:
- Check your iPhone’s iOS version. Ensure that it meets the minimum requirement of running on iOS 10.
- Now, navigate to the Photos app on your iPhone.
- Here, you tap on the ‘For You’ tab. Scroll till you find the ‘Memories’ section.
- From within this section, you can tap any video on your iPhone to customize and edit.
- Click on the Memory video file you would like to edit and tap the screen on the ‘Edit’ button. Have a listen to the background music.
- If you do not like the music track, feel free to scroll through the music library under the ‘Music’ section. Now, you can add music of your choice.
- Your iPhone will provide you with various genres of background music tracks to choose from, such as:
- Classical and many others available on Apple Music.
- Once you have edited the soundtrack on the video file, tap on ‘Done’ to head back to the main screen.
If you want to share video files with friends and family, you can tap on the ‘Share’ button on-screen to share the video via email, social media apps, or AirDrop.
How Do I Add Music to a Video on iPhones Using the Clips App?
Another way to add a music file to a video on an iPhone is to use Apple’s video editing app called Clips. You can easily add music to a video on your camera roll through this app, especially since it has many sound effects, songs, and audio clips that you can use to edit your movie’s soundtrack.
- Open the Clips app on your iPhone. Tap on ‘Music’ on the top right of the screen.
- Within this, look for the ‘My Music’ section. Here, you can choose on what basis you would like to find background soundtracks based on the artist, a particular album, or a song.
- Once that is done, search for the song you would like to add as music to your video project.
- To preview the project, tap on the ‘Play’ button. If you are happy with the video, press ‘Done’ and voila; your video is ready!
How Can I Add Background Music Using Soundtracks From Clips?
To add background music to a video using one of the Clips’ built-in audio clips is quite easy. Follow the steps below:
- Once again, navigate to the music icon on the app.
- Now, tap on the ‘Soundtracks’ section. It could take some time for the audio clips to download on your iPhone if this is the first time you are using the Clips app.
- Once the songs have been downloaded, scroll through them to find the audio track you want for your video.
- After you have selected the song you want, you should be able to see a tick mark against it.
- After finalizing the background song, tap on ‘Done,’ and you are good to go.
However, keep in mind that once Clips has added a background track to your video, you will not be able to make any amendments to the soundtrack. To adjust the sound once you add music, you must use third-party apps. If you want to add music of mixed genres in the same video, Clips, unfortunately, does not provide users with that feature.
How Do I Add Music to a Video on iPhones Using the iMovie App?
If you want to add multiple songs to your video, iMovie is a free app on your iPhone which does a great job.
Follow the steps below to add songs using iMovie:
- Open up iMovie on your iPhone. You will now need to create a new project.
- To create a new project, tap on the ‘Project’ section at the top of the screen.
- Tap on the ‘+’ icon next, where you will find an option to ‘Create Project.’
- Here you will see ‘Movie’ and ‘Trailer.’ Tap on ‘Movie’ and then ‘Create.’
- After this, make your way to ‘Media,’ where you will find videos shot from your iPhone camera.
- Choose from the iPhone videos the one you would like to add background music to.
- Scroll through the timeline to add media to your video. You can choose which song you would like to play for what part of the video and for how long.
- To have the music truly be background music, tap on the ‘Background’ option, which you will be able to see at the bottom of the screen.
- If the duration of your video is longer than that of the music playing, iMovie will automatically adjust and loop through the audio again.
- Tap on ‘Play’ to check the video on your iPhone. Once you are happy with the music sounds, tap on ‘Done.’
How Can I Record Video While I Play Music on My iPhone?
You have probably realized by now that your iPhone will stop your music from playing as soon as you begin recording video using the video mode on the iPhone camera. Here are a few things to keep in mind if you want to add music to your video after you start recording it.
Luckily, you do not need any external music app or camera app to do this. All you have to do is tweak the way you record video on iPhones, just be a little bit.
Here’s what you need to do to record a video:
- Play the audio from your music app, which you would like to have as music in your video.
- Now, open up your Camera app. Make sure you are in Photo mode.
- To record a video, you want to hold down the shutter button at the bottom center of your iPhone screen.
- Make sure to keep the shutter button pressed down while you record. Alternatively, you can slide the button towards the right to lock it in video mode instead of photo mode.
- When you are happy with your music video, tap on ‘stop.’
- After you are done recording, you will find your video in your Photos app. When you play it, you will hear the music playing in the background.
What Are Some Apps I Can Use to Add Music to my iPhone Videos?
Here are a few apps you can use to edit and add a particular sound effect or royalty-free music to your iPhone videos:
- Quick – GoPro
- Abode Premiere Rush for Video
- InShot for iPhone
What Are Some Apps I Can Use for Editing My Music Videos on My iPhone?
Whether you want to add music or simply want to edit your music videos, there are various video editor apps available for your iPhone, such as:
- Filmmaker Pro
- Video Maker with Music Editor
And there you go! Adding music to a video on your iPhone isn’t as challenging or intimidating as it may appear to be at first. We were pleased to see so many music options available to add music to a video on iPhone. You can choose from adding music to your video using music available in the video editor, a music track you have in your iCloud Drive, or a music track in your Music app.
If you have any questions, doubts, or queries, feel free to drop a comment in our comments section below, and our experts will get back to you with an answer in no time.