Headphone safety is a feature on iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch that limits the headphone volume of audio playback to a safe level. This can help prevent hearing damage from loud sounds, music, or another audio playing through your headphones.
Why is This Feature Available?
There is a lot of evidence to suggest that listening to loud sounds through headphones can damage your hearing over time. This is why the headphone notification feature exists – to help protect your hearing.
How Does it Work?
This feature works by limiting the headphone volume of audio playback to a safe level. This means that you won’t be able to crank up the volume of your music or other audio to a level that could potentially damage your hearing, as the device will show headphone notifications.
5 Reasons Why Headphone Notifications Are Important
- Reduce loud sounds that can help prevent hearing damage.
- Helps protect your hearing from long-term media audio exposure to loud sounds.
- Reduces loud sounds that help you avoid listening to music at a volume that could damage your hearing.
- Reminds you to take breaks from listening to music if you’re using headphones for long periods.
- Helps you stay aware of the volume level of your music or other headphone audio exposure to adjust it accordingly.
How to Turn Off Headphone Safety on iPhone?
Here’s how to turn off the enabled headphone notifications on your iPhone:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “Music.”
- Scroll down and find the “Headphone Safety” setting. (It’s under the “Playback” heading.)
- Tap the switch next to “Headphone Safety” to turn it off.
And that’s all there is to it! With Headphone notifications turned off, you can crank up the volume of your music without worry. Be sure to use caution, and don’t blast your music too loud for too long. Otherwise, you could still end up damaging your hearing.
How to Turn Off Headphone Safety on iPad?
If you’re using headphones with your iPad, you may have noticed a “Headphone Safety” option in the Settings app. This is a feature in place to help protect your hearing by limiting the volume of your headphones. However, some people may find it annoying or unnecessary. If you’d like to turn off headphone safety on your iPad, you can do so by following these steps:
- Open the “Settings” app on your iPad. You can find this by tapping the grey gear icon on your home screen.
- Tap “General” in the Settings menu.
- Scroll down and tap “Accessibility.”
- Scroll down to the “Hearing” section and tap “Headphone Accommodations.”
- Toggle the “Headphone Safety” switch to the Off position.
Now you can use your headphones without worrying about the safety feature!
You can use the iPhone or iPod touch to perform various tasks, including making phone calls, browsing the web, listening to music, and watching videos.
How to Turn Off Headphone Safety on Apple Watch?
If you want to turn off headphone safety on your Apple Watch, you can do so by following these steps:
- Open the Settings app on your Apple Watch.
- Tap on Sounds & Haptics.
- Scroll down and toggle off the Headphone Safety setting.
When you plug in your wearing headphones or earbuds to your Apple Watch, the volume will not be automatically limited. However, you should still be careful when listening to music or audio at high volumes, as this can still damage your hearing over time.
Is It Harmful to Turn Off the Headphone Safety Feature?
There is no harm in turning off the ‘headphone audio levels safety’ feature as long as you’re aware of the risks associated with listening to music at high volumes. However, we advise caution when doing so and recommend taking breaks frequently to avoid damaging your hearing. Go to setting, then go to sounds, then tap headphone safety option to stay safe from loud volumes. Always try to use good quality Bluetooth device headphones.
How Do I Know if Headphone Safety is Turned On or Off?
Suppose you’re unsure whether headphone safety is turned on or off. In that case, you can check by opening the Settings app and navigating to the “Music” section. If the “Headphone Safety” setting is on, a green switch will be visible next to it. If the setting is off, the switch will be grey. It’s better to turn headphone notifications on.
I Don’t See the “Headphone Safety” Setting in My Settings App. What Do I Do?
Suppose you don’t see the “Headphone Safety” setting in your Settings app. In that case, it’s likely because you’re not running the latest version of iOS. Open the Settings app and tap on “General” followed by “Software Update” to check for updates. If an update is available, tap on “Download and Install” to install it.
Whenever you listen to music with your headphones during an exercise, always track your record on any reputed health app.
I Turned Off Headphone Safety, But My Music Still Sounds Terrible. What’s Going On?
Suppose you turn off the headphone safety notification and your music still sounds terrible. In that case, it’s likely because the sound quality of your headphones is poor. We recommend investing in a good pair of headphones or earbuds to enjoy your music without worrying about sound quality.
Is There Any Other Way to Protect My Hearing While Using Headphones?
Yes, there are a few things you can do to protect your hearing while using headphones:
- Try to keep the volume at a moderate level to not be too loud for your ears.
- Take breaks frequently so that your ears can rest.
- Make sure to invest in a good pair of headphones or earbuds to enjoy your music without worrying about sound quality.
You can do a few things to protect your hearing while using headphones, such as keeping the volume at a moderate level and taking breaks frequently. You can also turn off the headphone safety notifications feature on your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch if you find it unnecessary. Also, if you ever find yourself stuck in the headphone mode of your iPhone, here is how to fix it!