Has it ever occurred to you why music is our greatest companion of all times. When we enter the world of music, it seems like time stops and there’s serenity everywhere. Music is an expression of our deep-felt emotions. The power of music works in mysterious ways to heal our minds.
Psychologists believe that music leaves an ever-lasting impression on our minds. It helps to release stress by improving our blood flow. Listening to music while relaxing in the shower, or during your “me-time” increases the dopamine release and keeps you cheerful. It is hard to not add soulful tunes to beautiful words but music quotes fill the gap for us.
Here, we have listed “58 Everlasting Music Quotes,” to inspire with not tunes but words!
13 Beautiful Music Quotes On Life, Love, And Friends
5 Music Quotes About Life
Music and life are inherently correlated. They help each other breathe and define one another. Here are some inspirational “Music Quotes About Life.”
- John Paul Friedrich Richter understood how music can turn a dull day a little bearable. He quoted:
“Music is the moonlight in the gloomy night of life.”
- Music makes every work you do more enjoyable. It’s like the soundtrack of our life. Thus, George Eliot’s words perfectly fit the context.
“Life seems to go on without effort when I am filled with music.”
- Music gives a new meaning to everything around us. Plato could not be more right with his words,
“Music gives a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and life to everything.”
- Music soothes our soul and takes away all the pain. Thus, Berthold Auerbach beautifully penned,
“Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”
- What’s life without music? A poem that does not rhyme. A person who has selflessly entered the world of music leads a life like no other. John Green discovered the essence of music and said,
“Some people have lives; some people have music.”
5 Music Quotes About Love
Everything seems better when in love or when it has music in it. Love is a feeling that many have failed to define. But just then, music steps in with all its melody to help love express itself. Here are a few “Music Quotes About Love” that will make you fall in love with music all over again.
- Love blossoms from a friendship and thus, Jackson Pollock best-described it as,
“Love is friendship set to music.”
- We so want our beloved to comprehend what we feel for them but words alone aren’t worthy enough to do it. Hans Christian Anderson thus said,
“Where words fail, music speaks.”
- Once you fall in love with music there’s no way out. Maurice Ravel felt the same and quoted,
“The only love affair I have ever had was with music.”
- Shakespeare is famous for his words but even he had to bow before music and love. He thus agreed that,
“If music be the food of love, play on.”
- Love is the purest form of emotion. Our heart finds peace when in love. This saying by Pablo Casals is beautiful.
“Music is the divine way to tell beautiful, poetic things to the heart.”
3 Music Quotes About Friends
While talking about love how can we not talk about friendships? The ultimate joy bearer in our lives, our friends completes us. They are like music, having different notes but we cannot miss out on any. Here are some “Music Quotes About Friends” that defines friendship beautifully:
- Friends rightfully earn the place they have in our life. Donna Roberts, best-defined friendship as,
“A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words.”
- Life sometimes falls short of melody when it turns gloomy. Friends come to our rescue in these moments. This quote describes how friendship and music are intertwined.
“In the rhythm of life, we find ourselves out of tune, But as long as friends are there to provide the melody, the music plays on.”
- The same taste in music can often lead to unexpected friendships and we all agree with Henry Wadsworth Longfellow.
“Music is the universal language of mankind.”
10 Famous Music Quotes By Musicians and Non-Musicians
5 Music Quotes By Musicians
There’s nothing better than some music quotes from our favorite musicians. They feel and understand music like no one else. Here are some beautiful “Music Quotes By Musicians” for you:
- No one likes to be bound by rules, especially not musicians. That is why Josh Homme quoted,
“Music is the only thing I’ve ever known that doesn’t have any rules at all.”
- It’s hard to describe our heart’s desires but not when music is around. Herbie Hancock found his way and thus said,
“Music is the tool to express life – and all that makes a difference.”
- Lucky are those who can speak fluently in terms of music. A man like Ludwig Van Beethoven is amongst those lucky ones. This s what he said and we cannot stop envying him.
“Music comes to me more readily than words.”
- Only a few can comprehend the power of music and use it to heal themselves. Ray Charles has correctly said,
“Music is powerful. As people listen to it, they can be affected. They respond.”
- Even the greatest has been charmed by the wonders music can do. Marilyn Manson is one among them and has accepted that
“Music is the strongest form of magic.”
5 Music Quotes By Non-Musicians
Music speaks to all. Be it musicians or non-musicians. Here are some famous “Music Quotes By Non-Musicians” that we absolutely love:
- If you listen closely, everything around us has a tune to it. Edward Elgar felt it and thus quoted,
“There is music in the air, music all around us; the world is full of it, and you simply take as much as you require.”
- A writer never fails to fit in the right words in the right place. Aldous Huxley is a perfect example of that. He has beautifully described music saying,
“After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
- There can never be enough songs ever. Not any amount of melody can tire us. Martin Luther King was right when he said,
“As long as we live, there is never enough singing.”
- We could understand melodies even before we could understand words. It’s the magic of Nature. This quote by Robert G. Ingersoll is our favorite quote of all time as it encapsulates the true essence of music.
“Music expresses feeling and thought, without language; it was below and before speech, and it is above and beyond all words.”
- The world of music is a safe place for us to feel things without any fear. Henry David Thoreau thus rightly said,
“When I hear music, I fear no danger. I am invulnerable and see no foe. I am related to the earliest of times, and to the latest.”
Top 35 Meaningful Music Quotes Of All Times
“Music is the shorthand of emotion”Leo Tolstoy
“The most exciting rhythms seem unexpected and complex, the most beautiful melodies simple and inevitable.”W.H. Auden
“I merely took the energy it takes to pour and wrote some blues.”Duke Ellington
“I’m just a musical prostitute, my dear.”Freddie Mercury
“Most people die with their music still locked up inside them.”Benjamin Disraeli
“Music, when soft voices die, vibrates in the memory.”Percy Bysshe Shelley
“Hell is full of musical amateurs.”George Bernard Shaw
“A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. ”Leopold Stokowski
“The easiest way to avoid wrong notes is to never open your mouth and sing. What a mistake that would be.”Pete Seeger
“This will be our reply to violence: to make music more intensely, more beautifully, more devotedly than ever before.”Leonard Bernstein
“There is no feeling, except the extremes of fear and grief, that does not find relief in music.”George Eliot
“When you play, never mind who listens to you.”Robert Schumann
“My music fights against the system that teaches to live and die.”Bob Marley
“Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent.”Victor Hugo
“Everything in me feels fluttering and free, like I could take off from the ground at any second. Music, I think, he makes me feel like music.”Lauren Oliver
“Music drives you. It wakes you up, it gets you pumping. And, at the end of the day, the correct tune will chill you down.”Dimebag Darrell
“If you cannot teach me to fly, teach me to sing.”J.M. Barrie
“One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”Bob Marley
“Music produces a kind of pleasure which human nature cannot do without.”Confucius
“Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.”Percy Bysshe
“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”Maria Augusta von Trapp
“If Music is a Place — then Jazz is the City, Folk is the Wilderness, Rock is the Road, Classical is a Temple.”Vera Nazarian
“Without music, life would be a blank to me.”Jane Austen
“Music brings a warm glow to my vision, thawing mind and muscle from their endless wintering.”Haruki Murakami
“Music is a proud, temperamental mistress. Give her the time and attention she deserves, and she is yours. Slight her and there will come a day when you call and she will not answer. So I began sleeping less to give her the time she needed.”Patrick Rothfuss
“I love the way music inside a car makes you feel invisible; if you play the stereo at max volume, it’s almost like the other people can’t see into your vehicle. It tints your windows, somehow.”Chuck Klosterman
“If I had my life to live over again, I would have made a rule to read some poetry and listen to some music at least once every week.”Charles Darwin
“People ask me how I make music. I tell them I just step into it. It’s like stepping into a river and joining the flow. Every moment in the river has its song.”Michael Jackson
“I see my life in terms of music.”Albert Einstein
“A strange art – music – the most poetic and precise of all the arts, vague as a dream and precise as algebra.”Guy de Maupassant
“Music can change the world because it can change people.”Bono
“Music with dinner is an insult both to the cook and the violinist.”G.K. Chesterton
“Life is like a beautiful melody, only the lyrics are messed up.”Hans Christian Andersen
“Where words leave off, music begins.”Heinrich Heine
“How is it that music can, without words, evoke our laughter, our fears, our highest aspirations?”Jane Swan
The world of music is unique in its own ways. It helps us explore our inner self and leads us to the destination of peace. There’s probably no person in this world who doesn’t appreciate the beauty of sleep. Music helps describe the hidden beauty of everything but what describes the beauty of music in the best way is music quotes.
In this article, we have summed up a few inspirational and beautiful music quotes that have captured the charm of music in a few words. Hope you have enjoyed this article. Let us know in the comments section your favorite music quote and what do you want to hear next from us.