All this while, we have been complaining about our hectic schedule. Juggling between household chores and office work, running from one meeting to another, yet managing a social life somehow has drained our energies. However, thanks to digitalization, and Zoom, we can stay connected with friends, family, and colleagues. Nevertheless, even the best of technologies come with issues. One of the most popular Zoom-related issues among our readers is Zoom audio not working. Are you facing the same issue too?
Zoom has helped us a lot in these times. From work to celebrations, everything is being done over video calls. Most of the important meetings and webinars are done via Zoom these days as it is an easy to use and reliable cloud platform.
Therefore, it can get really annoying when you are on an important work call and you are missing out on some important details due to audio problems. Moreover, this happens more often than usual during important sessions, and no doubt this gets on your nerves. Well, don’t worry as we have a few easy steps for you to follow to fix your Zoom audio when it is not working.
Zoom Audio Not Working? Here Are Some Quick Solutions!
Audio problems on Zoom calls are common. Therefore, we don’t want you to be stuck with them forever. Zoom audio issues can be fixed real quick. We have listed below the steps following which you can easily resolve zoom audio problems on almost any device. So find yours and get going!
How to Fix Zoom Audio on Desktop?
If you prefer attending Zoom calls on your desktop, we’ve got a quick solution to solve your Zoom audio issues. Follow these tips below to fix the issue:
- First, open the System Preferences app on your desktop.
- Then, click on the Security and Privacy option.
- In the next step, you will be required to enter your password to log in.
- Once you have done that, now click on the Privacy tab.
- Finally, click on the Microphone tab in the left navigation bar and then approve the Zoom app to use your microphone.
If you have already given permission to the Zoom app to use your microphone during setup, then the issue might be the audio settings on the app. To fix this, follow the steps below:
- First, open the Zoom app on your desktop.
- Secondly, click on the gear icon located in the top right corner to land the Zoom settings menu.
- Then, click on the Audio link located on the left navigation bar.
- Now, click on Test Speaker to check the audio output and the Test Mic to check if your voice can be heard properly.
- The final step is to click on the Advanced button located at the bottom right of the Zoom app and to fix the audio settings.
How to Fix Zoom Audio on Android and iPhone?
Maybe you are out somewhere and there’s an emergency meeting which you have to attend. In that case, using your phone is the most convenient way. Audio issues may arise from a number of causes, the prime one being network issues. Zoom audio issues on Android and iPhone are common. Check if you have a stable internet connection and if the problem persists then follow these steps to fix the audio.
We will always recommend you approve the permissions requested by the app during setup. In case you’ve missed that, here are a few simple steps to fix the issue:
- Open the Settings app on your Android or iPhone.
- Then tap on the Apps & Notifications menu.
- Next, tap on the Zoom app option and select the Permissions option.
- Lastly, tap the Microphone toggle option to allow the Zoom app to use the microphone of your device.
If you are still facing audio issues on Zoom, try these steps below:
There is a good possibility that the “Always Mute My Microphone” option in the app is on. To fix this:
- Tap on the Settings icon located on the bottom left corner before you join the call.
- Then you tap on the Meeting option.
- Then turn off the “Always Mute My Microphone” toggle.
If you are still not audible, then you may have muted yourself or forgotten to share your audio.
In that case:
- Tap on the screen to view the bottom menu.
- Then tap on the Join Audio button located in the button left corner.
- Lastly, tap on the call via the Device Audio option.
If you are still not audible, then check if any other app on your device is using your audio and force stop. Sometimes, it’s not that your audio is not working, it’s just that your earphones’ or headphones’ volume is too low. Nevertheless, you can fix such issues too. Here’s how to make AirPods louder.
How to Fix Zoom Audio on Bluetooth?
Using Bluetooth always helps, especially during work calls. Others around won’t get disturbed and you will also be able to focus. The audio problems you face on Zoom while using Bluetooth is mostly because of the following three reasons:
- Your Bluetooth is connected to some other device in your house.
- Poor Bluetooth connection might be an issue as well. If you are having trouble hearing, then check if Bluetooth is properly connected to your device.
- You’ve not selected the right default playback device. If your Bluetooth device is properly connected and yet you are having audio problems, then this might be the issue. Probably your selected default playback device is your laptop speakers while your device is connected to Bluetooth. Follow these steps to fix this problem:
- Search for Control Panel on your device and hit enter.
- Then click on the Hardware and Sound menu available on the next page and select sound.
- Then select your Bluetooth device on the list.
- Lastly, select the Set Default option and tap on Apply, and then OK.
Due to the pandemic, the digital world has now become a place where we are living most of the time. Social media and video conferencing platforms have become a prime medium for connecting with people. The Internet has blessed us with several things, the most important being the biggest medium of connection between people who are miles apart.
Unfortunately, trouble lurks here as well. As we are relying on these platforms mostly to get our important work done, thus for them to behave properly is very important. The audio problem that exists on the Zoom app, persists in several other similar video conferencing platforms as well. So, the next time you find that your Zoom audio not working, you know how to fix it.
In this article, we have covered how to fix Zoom audio problems on your Desktop, on Android or iPhone, or while using Bluetooth. Following these easy steps, you can probably resolve the issues. Hope you have found this article helpful.
Let us know in the comments section below a funny incident that happened during your work call on Zoom and what do you want to hear next from us.