There’s no doubt that Google Slides is one of the simplest presentation tools available. It is easy to walk through and learn. You don’t need to waste time figuring out what different tabs or symbols depict since everything is quite self-explanatory. However, if you have tried to add audio to a presentation you have made using Google Slides, you must’ve realized that it’s not as easy as it seems. Therefore, we’ve put together a detailed guide on how to add audio to Google Slides.
Continue reading to find out more. It’s time to bid the trouble of figuring out how to add an audio file to your Google Slides goodbye.
Is There Any Way to Add Audio to Google Slides?
Luckily, the answer to this question is YES! Google Slides supports both MP3 and WAV (Waveform Audio File Format) audio formats. This means that you can add audio to Google Slides. In fact, it’s not as confusing as it seems. Let’s walk you through the step-by-step process.
- In order to add an audio file to a Google Slides presentation from your device’s local drive, you will primarily need to upload the audio file onto Google Drive.
- If you are using your personal computer or laptop, all you have to do is navigate and find the location of the audio file you would like to use on your computer’s local disk.
- Once you are done with that, upload it to your Google Drive.
- Next, use the Google Drive tab to search for the audio file.
- After you’ve found the audio file, all you have to do next in order to add audio to your Google Slides presentation is open your presentation, navigate to the “Insert” tab in the menu bar and click on “Audio.” You will see that a window pops up. Over here, you should be able to search for the audio file that you saved onto your Google Drive.
- After you have located the audio file that you need, click on “Select.”
That’s it! Your audio file will be added to your Google Slides presentation.
Here’s the next part; you can format the audio file as per your needs.
To do the same:
- Look for the audio icon on your slide, and then navigate to “Format Options.”
- You will see a dashboard on the right side of your screen.
- To ensure your audio plays automatically, go to “Audio Playback,” followed by “Start Playing.” Finally, click on “Automatically.”
In order to prevent the audio playing on loop, you can select “Stop on slide change” on the same dashboard.
How to Add Audio to Google Slides on Android?
In order to use Google Slides on your Android device, make sure you have the Google Slides app downloaded. If you haven’t done that yet, we will walk you through the steps.
How to download the Google Slides app from the Google Playstore?
- To begin with, open the Play Store app and search for “Google Slides”
- Once you find the app, hit the “Install” button to install the app. It will begin downloading on your Home Screen.
- Ensure you also have Google Drive downloaded and installed on your Android device.
Now, follow these steps to add audio to Google Slides on Android:
- Upload the audio file you plan on adding to your presentation to Google Drive.
- Now, open Google Slides on your Android device and make your way to the “Insert” tab on the menu bar.
- Select “Audio” and search for the audio file that you saved on your Google Drive.
- Next, click on “Select,” and you will see that the audio file has been added to your Google Slides presentation.
How to Add Audio to Google Slides on iPad?
At times, the Google Slides app on the iPad doesn’t provide you with an option to insert audio. An alternative to this is to create your presentation on Google Slides, copy the link, and make your way to the in-built Safari app on your iPad. Over here, open it in the desktop mode, and add your audio file via Google Drive.
Despite all your efforts if the audio doesn’t seem to play in the presentation, try opening your presentation on the Google Chrome app. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open your presentation in the Google Slides app.
- Next, go to the upper right corner of the app and tap on the three dots.
- Here, click on “Share & Export.”
- After you have done the same, tap on “Copy link.”
- Now, open the Google Chrome app and click the address bar. If you cannot see the address bar, tap on the left of the star and the address bar will come up.
- Now, click the link you have copied. Your presentation should now play with the audio working just fine.
How to Add Audio to Google Slides on iPhone?
It’s easy to add audio to Google Slides on iPhone. All you need to do is:
- Locate the audio file you would like to add to your Google Slides presentation on your iPhone.
- Now, upload the audio clip to Google Drive on your phone.
- Ensure you have the Google Drive app downloaded and installed on your iPhone before you do this.
- Click your audio file on Google Drive and you will see a share button on the top of the page.
- Click it and you will see an option saying “Shareable Link.”
- Copy the link and paste it on your Google Slides presentation.
- When you click the link during your presentation, it will begin playing. Keep in mind, however, that it may open in another tab. Of course, if you would rather have it play automatically, find your way to the “Insert” tab on the menu bar and click “Audio.” Here, search for the audio file which you saved onto your Google Drive and click on “Select.”
How to Add Video/Audio to Google Slides from YouTube?
Here’s how you can add audio/video to Google Slides from YouTube:
- On Google Slides, look for the “Insert” tab on the menu bar.
- Scroll down and click “Video.” A pop-up will appear.
- Over here, you will be able to search for a YouTube video of your choice.
- Once you have been able to find a video, click “Select.”
- Your video will now be added to the slide.
- Feel free to move it around and resize it as per your convenience.
How to Add Audio to Google Slides from Voice Memos?
You can record an audio clip using your phone’s “Voice Memos” app and add it to Google Slides.
Follow these step-by-step instructions to add audio to Google Slides from Voice Memos:
- First things first, make the most of the Voice Memos app on your phone to record an audio clip
- Next, save it with a proper name, and tap on the “Share” icon.
- Here, select Google Drive. Make sure you already have the Google Drive app installed on your phone.
- Next, select your account and click “Upload” to upload it to your Drive. You will be able to see your audio file on your Drive now.
- Tap on the audio file in your Drive to share it by clicking the “Shareable link” option.
- Place a link in your Google Slides presentation on a slide of your choice. Note that by doing this, you will have to manually click on the link on your slide in order for it to play. To automatically play the audio on Google Slides, find the “Insert” tab on the menu bar and tap on “Audio.” Search for the file and click “Select.”
How to Add Apple Music Audio to Google Slides?
First and foremost, ensure you have access to Apple Music. You can do this by purchasing an Apple Music subscription. Then, here’s what you need to do:
- Once you have got that out of the way, open your presentation on Google Slides.
- Once you find the slide you want to add the music to, stream Apple Music.
- You will see an “Insert” tab. Tap on it, and navigate to “Shape” from the list. Then select a shape of your choice.
- Now, draw the shape onto the slide of your choice.
- After you have done this, go back to Apple Music and copy the link of the tune/song you would like to add to your Google Slides presentation.
- Make your way back to the presentation, tap on the shape and then select the Insert tab again and click on “Link.” A shortcut for this is “Ctrl+K.”
- Now, paste the link of the song you copied from Apple Music when the pop-up appears. Click on “Apply.”
- While running the presentation, click on the shape that you added the link to, and the music will open in Apple Music.
We hope that you have been able to add an audio file to your Google Slides presentation. It’s not a difficult task, but it sure can get a little tiring, with all the uploading and inserting that needs to be done.
If it doesn’t work the first time, try a few more times, or maybe log into Google Slides from another device, preferably a computer, and we are certain you will be able to add an audio file to the presentation in no time.
Have questions, doubts, or queries? Feel free to drop a comment in our comment section below, and our experts will get back to you with an answer in no time. If there are any products you have in mind that you would like for us to review and compare, do write to us!