Staying at home, doing daily chores and attending online meetings, the year 2020 has forced a sedentary lifestyle upon us. But a short run can free your mind and relax your body. Then why sit at home and frown? Grab your masks and don’t forget the best running headphones!
When going for a run we love listening to our workout playlist. It just gives us the right amount of rush. But have you ever faced problems with headphones while running? If the sound quality is great, the grip is poor; if other features are worth spending on, the headphones are not resistant to water. Has this been the case with you as well? If yes, then worry no more! We spend months and days to find the best running headphones. After thorough testing and research, we have picked out a few that will work the best for you.
In this article we will discuss our favorite running headphones in 2020, one by one. If you are looking to buy one for you then this is your ultimate guide!
Popular Running Headphones in 2020
- Best Running Headphones With Ear Hooks: Treblab X3 Pro
- Best Running Headphones With Bone Conduction: AfterShokz AS600CR Titanium Bone Conduction Wireless Headphones
- Most Durable Running Headphones: Sony WF-XB700 True Wireless Earbuds
- Best Neckband Running Headphones: Bose SoundSport Wireless Earbuds
- Running Headphones With Best Battery Life: Bose Sports Earbud
- Best Noise-Canceling Headphones for Running: Bose QuietComfort Noise Canceling Earbuds
How to Find the Right Running Headphones – Buying Guide
While buying a pair of headphones, especially for running, you ought to be extra careful. These headphones can be expensive at times, so you have the right to know if they are worth your money.
You have already gone through our list of favorites. Now let’s take a look at the features you should always search for while buying running headphones.
Factors You Should Consider While Buying Running Headphones
- Connectivity: If you have a strong distaste for wires around your neck, then the first thing you will want your headphones to be is “wireless.” The technology used in these headphones might differ. The near field communication (NFC) technology is trending right now. You know your requirements best. But our advice for a hassle-free experience will always be wireless headphones.
- Fit: When it comes to fit, we have learnt a lot after trial and error. Cheap headphones might provide good sound quality for a while but can be average or poor when it comes to the fit. For that perfect grip, always go for premium brands that will serve you quality products. During a run you will definitely not want a loose-fitted pair of headphones. So, while buying running headphones, make sure the headphones provide a firm grip and accurate fit.
- Comfort: Comfort is one of the most important factors you should consider while buying running headphones. We don’t want you to carry a heavy pair of headphones while running. Headphones are evolving and along with their additional features, brands are working toward creating lightweight headphones. You can easily find headphones that featherweight and designed to feel light while running.
- Water Resistance: The sudden rain or your sweat won’t bother you if your running headphones are water- and sweat resistant. When on the track, we love to run an extra mile without any worries as we always have our water-resistant headphones with us. What are you waiting for? Go sweat it out!
- Battery Life: Is the battery life of your headphones interrupting your cardio? Then it’s time to switch to headphones with a longer battery life. Our recommended headphones come with a battery life of 5+ hours and can go up to 12 hours with a single charge.
- Price: Now this is one point you really need to consider carefully. Running Headphones can be a little expensive at times but they are worth every dollar. Consider this as an investment and do not shy away from getting the best.
Best Running Headphones in 2020 – Tried and Tested
All the running headphones listed here and unique in their own way. So keep reading the article to find your favorite. At the end this guide, we will reveal which running headphones worked best for us.
1. Treblab X3 Pro: Best Running Headphones With Ear Hooks
- Can work up to 9 hours with a single charge
- Fast charging using USB-C type charge
- Seamless Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity
- IPX7 sweatproof and waterproof
- Excellent audio quality
- Treble is a bit overpowering
The very first time we used this pair of headphones, we instantly fell in love. The Treblab X3 Pro is undoubtedly the best of the lot. Its unique and sleek design not only makes it attractive but extremely comfortable as well. But Treblab could have done a better job with the ear tip size.
These earbuds provide excellent noise cancellation, which is both a pro and a con. We discovered the same while taking calls. The noise cancelation is so extreme that we could barely hear what we were saying. So we could only use one ear bud at a time. Nevertheless, if you are looking for a completely discrete listening experience, you’ll love these earbuds.
Now, coming to the feature that we loved the most. These ear buds can be used as monopods too. Yes, that’s right! The monopods can be connected to separate devices. Voila!
Lastly, how can we forget the amazing sound quality and excellent bass? We could literally feel the music through the veins. The Treblab X3 Pro also has a cVc 8.0 mic and built-in controls in each ear pod, which makes it easy to answer calls. Therefore, if you are looking for a workout buddy then these headphones are a perfect fit.
2. AfterShokz AS600CR Titanium Bone Conduction Wireless Headphones: Best Running Headphones With Bone Conduction
- Great audio quality; delivers crystal-clear audio
- OpenFit design allows ambient noise
- Comfortable and lightweight
- Enjoy calls and music for up to 6 hours
- IPX5 sweatproof and moisture resistant
- Comes with a carry case
- Does not comprise a noise-canceling microphone
- Tickling sensation on the cheek slightly increases when the volume is high
If you are a fan of bone conduction headphones, the AfterShokz AS600CR Titanium Bone Conduction Wireless Headphones are the right one for you.
Since it was not our first time testing a pair of bone conduction headphones, we had a fair idea of what to expect. However, the moment we played music, the headphones performed far better than what we expected. You can feel the music travel through your cheek bones, and the feeling is surreal.
The bone conduction headphones are built in a way that they won’t block your ear canal. Thus, they protect your ears and keep you aware of your surroundings.
But there are two drawbacks that didn’t allow these headphones to be at the top.
Firstly, they start vibrating a lot upon increasing the volume. We first considered this as a default in a particular model but later discovered that most of the bone conduction headphones vibrate at high volume.
Secondly, we absolutely didn’t appreciate the audio leakage. When we tried increasing the volume to the highest level, we noticed some audio leakage. It definitely won’t disturb people around you but can drop the audio quality to some extent.
So if you don’t mind these two drawbacks then you can definitely buy the AfterShokz AS600CR Titanium Bone Conduction Wireless Headphones. They are one of the best bone conduction headphones on the market.
3. Bose SoundSport Wireless Earbuds : Best Neckband Running Headphones
- Provides a comfortable fit while running or working out
- Can work for up to 6 hours in a single charge
- Quick Bluetooth and NFC pairing
- Sweat- and water-resistant
- Sturdy and durable
- High-quality charging case
- Sleek and stylish
- Do not provide noise isolation
We can proudly call ourselves loyal users of Bose. Undoubtedly Bose has some amazing products, so when these earbuds were launched, we couldn’t resist but try them out as soon as possible.
The Bose SoundSport Wireless Earbuds are durable and sturdy. Apart from a great build, they comprise some amazing features.
They are really comfortable to start with and provide a secure. Therefore, they are perfect for workout sessions.
Secondly, their battery life is amazing. It will easily last you more than half a day after a single charge.
Not only this but the earbuds have seamless Bluetooth Connectivity that allows connection to any iOS or Android device. Another feature we really liked is the NFC technology that makes connectivity easier just by touching the earbuds..
In conclusion, if you are looking for an affordable pair of earbuds for running, the Bose SoundSport Wireless Earbuds can be a really good choice. They are one of the best Bose headphones when it comes to true wireless convenience.
4. Bose Sport Earbuds : Running Headphones With Best Battery Life
- Provide a secure and comfortable fit
- Come with 3 sizes of StayHear Max Tips for a perfect fit
- Can work up to 5 hours in a single charge
- IPX4 sweat- and water-resistant
- Excellent sound quality
- True wireless convenience
- Average battery life
Thanks to the insane battery life of the Bose Sport Earbuds, every time we get stuck somewhere while running, the fast charging provided by the earbuds comes to our rescue.
The Bose Sport Earbuds provide a great fit. Kudos to the smart touch that allows you to play or pause the music anytime. But we would have loved it even more if they had a volume control on the earbuds. Fair enough, right?
Nevertheless, we can’t complain much about these earbuds as the other features have covered up for the last one.
We can now run an extra mile without worrying about getting drenched in the train as the earbuds are rated IPX4 and are sweatproof and waterproof.
The Bluetooth connectivity is also quick and the earbuds are compatible with almost all devices. Overall, the Bose Sports Earbuds are worth your money considering the great sound quality and the comfort they provide.
5. Bose QuietComfort Noise Canceling Earbuds: Best Noise-Canceling Headphones for Running
- Made of soft silicone material
- Well-balanced mids, lows, and highs
- Excellent sound quality
- Great build quality
- Intuitive touch controls
- Comfortable and durable
- Mic quality is average
We were simply stunned by the comfort provided by the Bose QuietComfort Noise-Canceling Earbuds when we tried them first. Each earbud is covered with soft silicone material to provide continuous comfort.
We were so impressed by these ear buds that we almost lost track of time. The crispy, clear audio they provide does not let you miss a single detail. The bass is deep and rich. The audio quality delivered by these earbuds is excellent. Just like the Bose QuietComfort 35 II Headphones, these earbuds provide a stellar listening experience while you are running. After all, they come with 11 levels of noise cancelation.
Lastly, these earbuds come with intuitive touch controls that are convenient to use when you are running. All you need to do is tap the surface of the earbuds to increase/decrease the volume or play/pause/skip tracks.
Overall if you want to enjoy your audio content at its best and do not mind the other drawbacks then you can invest in the Bose QuietComfort Noise-Canceling Earbuds product.
6. Sony WF-XB700 True Wireless Earbuds: Most Durable Running Headphones
- Ergonomic design for a secure and comfortable fit
- 9 hours of battery life; extends up to 18 hours with the charging case
- Great audio quality
- Easy Bluetooth connectivity
- Smart Touch for quick access
- Short charging cable
We fell for the Sony WF-XB700 True Wireless Earbuds just after taking a look at it. Its sleek design makes it so attractive that we don’t mind wearing it all day. Plus, its ergonomic design provides a secure and comfortable fit.
If you get these Earbuds then leave the worry of charging this behind. It has an insane battery life of 9 hours and the charging case it comes with can extend the battery life up to 18 hours! What more can we ask?
We just can’t stand those Earbuds which we have to press for using any function. Thankfully these Earbuds has the smart touch technology that allows quick access to any device.
These Earbuds would have been a dream come to true if only then had a longer charging cable and some extra bass. But we really don’t mind these two and so shouldn’t you.
Frequently Asked Questions About Running Headphones
The neckband design is specially built for durability is thus good for running. These headphones generally provide great sound quality to boost up your workout.
Headphones provide secure and comfortable fit and thus are a great choice for running. There are different kinds of earphones such as Over-Ear Headphones, Open-Back Headphones, Earbuds, Wireless Headphones, ANC Headphones, In-Ear Headphones, and Bone Conduction Headphones. All these headphones are good for running but it depends on an individual’s preference which type of headphone they would buy.
Yes, you can run with headphones.
Over the ear headphones are generally considered best for running. They come with a thick padding and therefore isn’t painful even if used for a long time. They are bulkier and offer better audio quality and also provide excellent noise cancellation. So over-the-ear headphones are definitely good for running.
Our favorite headphones for running are listed below along with the links from you can buy them:
– Treblab X3 Pro
– AfterShokz AS600CR Titanium Bone Conduction Wireless Headphones
– Bose SoundSport Wireless Earbuds
– Bose Sports Earbud
– Sony WF-XB700 True Wireless Earbuds
– Bose QuietComfort Noise Canceling Earbuds
After a tiring day, music helps you unwind, and with the correct pair of headphones, you get the feel right. Here we have curated a list of headphones that will surely never disappoint you.
Your needs are our priority, so while testing them out we kept in mind that you get to enjoy your audio content without any worries. In this article about Best Running Headphones in 2020 we have reviewed for you a couple of headphones that we think you will love. However, The Treblab X3 Pro- Truly Wireless Earbuds with Earhooks is our favorite. Everything about this pair is so great that we just cannot take our minds off it. Hope you have found this article helpful and do let us know if you want us to review anything more.