The best gaming headset for streaming can elevate your gaming experience on streaming platforms, such as Mixer, Twitch and YouTube. Using a streaming gaming headset, you can communicate with your team players/opponents without losing focus in your game. Most gamers prefer a streaming gaming headset instead of using gaming headphones and an external microphone separately since a streaming headset is easier to use, more comfortable, and provides better audio quality.
So, we took a break from our regular audio headphones testing regime and decided to work on a different category this time, i.e., good headsets for streaming. We shortlisted 50 odd gaming headsets for streaming on the market, tested them with different games across 4 weeks and narrowed down our choice to the 5 best headsets for streaming in 2020.
Here, we’ll be reviewing the 5 good headsets for streaming. We’ll share our experiences with each product in detail, and list their pros and cons. We’ll also talk about streaming gaming headsets in general. Read further to know more.
Top 5 Headsets for Streaming in 2020 – Our Top Choices
Almost all gaming headsets offer directional surround sound, a feature that is important for gamers, especially for games, such as Fortnite. Directional surround sound helps gamers keep track of their enemies’ footsteps and chase them down. Therefore, all the streaming gaming headsets on our list come with directional surround sound and many other notable features that set them apart from other streaming headsets on the market.
Before we deep dive into the product reviews, here’s a quick summary of the 5 best headsets for streaming on the market.
- Best Headset for Streaming PS4 – Razer Kraken 7.1 V2
- Best Streaming Headset for PC – Logitech G433 7.1 Wired
- Best Xbox One Headset for Streaming – Astro Gaming A50 Wireless Dolby
- Best Bluetooth Headset for Streaming – SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless
- Best Wired Headset for Streaming – Sennheiser Game One Wired
1. Razer Kraken 7.1 V2: Best Headset for Streaming PS4
- Easy to use; plug-and-play connectivity
- 7.1 Surround Sound software via Razer Synapse allows you to customize the listening preferences per your requirements
- Easily adjust the microphone monitor or switch it off completely
- Sync LED lights with other Razer devices, such as your gaming mouse or allow it to remain static
- Made of premium-quality material
- Functional software; updated regularly
- Excellent audio quality
- Comfortable and lightweight; durable and sturdy
- Value for money
- Open-back headphones; hence, are not noise-cancelling
If you don’t have the best headset for streaming PS4, you’ve probably never heard your games at their best. After all, good-quality headsets for streaming PS4 can enhance your gaming experience big time. The detail, depth and excellent audio quality provided a gaming headset for streaming PS4 are something you’ll not find in the usual gaming headsets. Therefore, a good gaming headset for streaming PS4 is all you need to elevate your in-game experiences (the minutest sound details will become more crisp and clear; you’ll be able to defeat your enemy more easily than ever and become more aware and focused in your game).
This is where Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 comes into the picture. Firstly, the 7.1 Surround Sound offers an immersive sound gaming experience to make you more aware of your surroundings. You can easily locate your enemy and monitor the movements of your team.
Secondly, the headset comes with huge 50 mm drivers that make the communicating and listening experience clearer and louder than ever. The microphone comes with active noise cancelation (ANC); however, this feature is only available on PC (we couldn’t use it on PS4).
Lastly, the headset is lightweight and comfortable to wear for longer durations. Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 is perfectly tuned for online games, such as Apex Legends. In conclusion, the headset works well with almost all types of PS4 games.
2. Logitech G433 7.1 Wired: Best Streaming Headset for PC
- Great build; durable and sturdy
- Comfortable; comes with well-padded earcups; suitable for long hours of use; an extra set of ear pads are provided for more comfort
- Detachable boom mic reduces external noises and sounds
- Sleek and modernistic look
- Directional sound; perfectly balanced bass and treble
- Also works well with PS4, Nintendo Switch, Xbox One and so on
- Comes with headphones splitter for using the microphone and headphones separately
- You cannot slide the microphone up/down when not in use
While most headsets for streaming on the market work perfectly with both PC and PS4, the Logitech G433 7.1 Wired Gaming Headset performs exceptionally well on PC. It doesn’t really matter if you have the best PC gaming monitor or the best PC gaming keyboard/mouse in your hand, without the best streaming headset for PC, your gaming experience is nothing but incomplete.
The Logitech G433 7.1 Wired Gaming Headset is a great combination of comfort, advanced features, phenomenal sound and next-gen performance. We had tried the G430 headset last year and trust us, the difference between both headsets is much more than the number 3.
Firstly, build-wise, the G433 is solid. The headband is sturdy and easily adjustable to provide maximum comfort. The detachable boom mic is flexible and can be placed at any distance from your mouth. However, we felt that it would have been great if Logitech had provided an option to slide the mic up/down when not in use (however, the same is not a major concern).
Secondly, the sound quality is great, even out of the box. However, we would recommend you download Logitech’s software as it allows you to customize your listening experience. All in all, the G433 comes well-equipped to provide PC gamers with an immersive sound experience. We tried the headset with an array of PC games and the headset worked well with all.
3. Astro Gaming A50 Wireless Dolby: Best Xbox One Headset for Streaming
- Exceptional audio quality
- Great battery life; you can use it for up to 15 hours in a single charge
- Solid build quality
- Very easy to pair with Xbox One; simply plug the optical and USB cables into the console
- Controls and dials are simple to use
- Provides a comfortable fit
- Comes with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound for an immersive Xbox One gaming experience
- Also suitable for use with PC
- Offers interference-free wireless connectivity with low latency
- Not happy with the microphone quality
A stellar Xbox One game is incomplete without the best Xbox One headset for streaming. And, this is where the Astro Gaming A50 Wireless Dolby Gaming Headset comes to every Xbox One gamer’s rescue.
The A50 Gaming Headset comes with a futuristic design and is one of the best gaming headsets launched by Astro. It is one of the best headsets for Xbox One and offers wireless connection.
Firstly, the headset delivers high-quality audio and comes with Dolby Digital 7.1 Surround Sound to provide an immersive sound experience for Xbox One gamers. To further enhance the sound effects, the headsets provide 3 different EQ modes to adjust the sound per your requirements or adjust the bass/treble. Secondly, the microphone is unidirectional and isolates your voice from the noises around you.
Overall, the Astro Gaming A50 Wireless Dolby Gaming Headset is a great sounding headset for Xbox One streaming; however, it is a high-end product, which is expensive. So, if you are on a shoestring budget, we suggest you buy HyperX Cloud Stinger.
4. SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless: Best Bluetooth Headset for Streaming
- Excellent audio quality with 360-degree precision
- Extremely comfortable and durable
- Great build quality; sturdy and lightweight
- Looks sleek and stylish; LEDs around the ear cups change colors and make the headset aesthetically appealing
- Retractable microphone
- Crisp and clear sound
- Value for money
- Compatible with both PC and PS4
- Ears can get warm (not sweaty) upon prolonged usage
The best wireless headset for streaming allows you to enjoy your gaming session to the fullest, without getting into the hassles of detangling wires or setting up complicated wired connections.
Our top choice for the best Bluetooth headset for streaming is SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless. We experienced no muffled voices, no latency issues or connectivity hassles with this headset. We couldn’t actually spot any difference between some of the best wired headsets for streaming and Arctic 7 in terms of connectivity.
Firstly, the 360-degree precision audio delivered by the headset offers an immersive gaming experience like no other headset. The award-winning sound quality of Arctis 7 comprises subtle, critical sounds to enhance your gaming experience. We mixed chat audio with regular audio using a dial on the headset easily; really impressive we must say. Therefore, the next time you get bored with your gaming headset, use Arctis 7 to mix a phone call with some interesting background music.
Secondly, the quality of the microphone is excellent. Unlike the Astro Gaming A50 Wireless Headset, Arctis 7’s microphone quality deserves appreciation. The quality of the speaker is also up to the mark; however, you can enhance it using the EQ.
Lastly, the headset is extremely comfortable to wear for a longer duration. The premium woven Ski Goggle fabric coupled with AirWeave ear cushions justify the headset’s price. All in all, the SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless Headset is indeed one of the best headsets for streaming on our list.
5. Sennheiser Game One Wired: Best Wired Headset for Streaming
- Exceptional, Sennheiser-level audio quality; provide ideal bass and treble
- High-quality, responsive microphone; delivers speech clearly
- Games sound great with this headset; especially FPS games
- Open-back design ensures comfort and keeps the head cool while gaming
- Ear cups are soft and comfortable; lightweight headset; no pressure on the head
- Cord is long and braided; simply plug-and-play the headset
- Compatible with multiple gaming platforms
- Does not come with Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound
- A little expensive
If you think Sennheiser is only popular for its audio headphones, you’re wrong. The Game One Wired Headset by the brand is the best wired headset for streaming on the market.
Firstly, its audio quality is impeccable. In fact, for those who love both listening to music and gaming, this headset can be a great buy. The mids, highs and lows sound crisp and clear. Overall, the sound delivered by the headset is accurate and natural. An interesting feature of the headset that we really liked is the interchangeable cables that allow you to use the headset with different gaming platforms, such as PC, PS4, Xbox One, mobile and so on, which have a 3.5 mm jack. We tested the headset with Counter Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) and it sounded exceptionally excellent.
Secondly, the microphone quality of the Gaming One Wired Headset is also excellent. The microphone transmits your voice clearly, without any lag or disturbance (tried and tested; it’s actually a noise-canceling microphone). We moved the microphone up and it got muted. For a second, we thought the headset stopped working; nevertheless, we were absolutely amazed to discover this feature.
Thirdly, the thought-through design ensures a cleaner and more spacious sound. The headset is comfortable to wear and lightweight.
In conclusion, the Sennheiser Game One Wired Headset can be a great buy for gamers who don’t mind the absence of wireless connectivity or Dolby 7.1 Surround Sound.
How to Choose the Best Headset for Streaming – Buying Guide
With so many gaming headsets on the market, it can become a daunting task to find the best headset for streaming on Twitch, YouTube, etc. Therefore, we’ve put together a quick buying guide to help you identify different factors that you should keep in mind while buying a headset for streaming.
When you are finding a headset for streaming, sound quality is one of the most critical factors that you should consider. The more immersive the sound, the better you’ll be able to track your enemies in the game and monitor your teammates. Closed-back headphones provide a better sound experience for streaming as they isolate external noises and reduce sound leakage when streaming on YouTube, Twitch, etc.
The second most important factor is comfort. A great sounding gaming headset is useless if it’s not comfortable to wear. Therefore, pay special attention to the earpad material and headband adjustment options when buying a headset for streaming. Also, ensure the headset is lightweight to avoid overstraining your neck and adding pressure on your head.
Compatibility with Different Gaming Platforms
This is one factor that is often overlooked. However, it is equally important as the 2 factors mentioned above. In simpler words, the headset should be compatible with the platform you are planning to play the game on. Check the compatibility of the headset with different gaming platforms, such as Xbox One, PS4, PC, Mac, Nintendo Switch and so on.
Since gaming and streaming involve the usage of a microphone, it’s imperative to check the microphone quality of the headset you are planning to buy. If possible, buy a headset with a noise-canceling microphone. Also, ensure the microphone delivers your voice clearly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can; however, it will depend on the microphone quality of the streaming headset. If you have bought a streaming headset, which does not have a good quality microphone, we suggest using an external microphone.
Good headsets for streaming can be both wired or wireless, and we’ve included both types on our list. Wireless streaming headsets are typically Bluetooth headphones.
We hope the list of top 5 headsets for streaming will help you pick the best option. Even though we would recommend using the headset that suits your requirements the best, our favorite out of the lot is the SteelSeries Arctis 7 Wireless Headset. It is an all-rounder gaming headset; it delivers excellent sound, provides great microphone quality, is extremely comfortable to wear and looks stylish. Even though it is a little expensive, the headset is worth every dollar you spend.
We sincerely hope you found the guide useful. If you are still not able to make an informed choice, let us know by sharing your queries/concerns/comments below.