Are you unhappy with the volume of your AirPods? Are you AirPods not sounding the way they usually do? Don’t worry; we’ll help you determine how to make AirPods louder. Yes, that’s absolutely possible. We understand how annoying it can be when your AirPods start acting up when you are trying to enjoy music. In one of our older posts, we discussed how to make headphones louder. This time, we’re going to do the same for AirPods.
In this post, we’ll discuss interesting hacks to help you fix the volume of your AirPods on both iOS and Android devices.
10 Tips to Make Your AirPods Louder on iOS
Here are 10 quick tips to fix the volume of your AirPods:
1. Charge Your AirPods
With all these gadgets to be taken care of, there is a chance that it might have slipped your mind to charge your AirPods. If the volume of your AirPods has suddenly dropped, low battery can be the issue. Therefore, we suggest charging them for a few hours and then testing the audio.
2. Ask Siri
We bother Siri the whole day by asking all types of questions. So why not in times of need? If you are having trouble to manually increase your volume, you can always ask Siri to do it for you.
But there is an exception to this. The volume of your AirPods is determined by the device from which the audio is originating. Therefore, if the music is playing on your iPhone then Siri can help you to turn it up. However, in case you’re using Airplay, and your Apple TV is connected, then Siri would take the instruction to increase the volume of the Apple TV instead of your AirPods.
3. Adjust the Equalizer
Many times it is not the fault of our AirPods. Maybe the type of music you are listening to requires a different kind of setting to be heard in the right manner.
If your AirPods are failing to give you the right feel for the music, you can try changing the settings of the equalizer. It is quite simple to do. Go to Settings, then Music, and click the Equalizer. Now change the playback style for the song. If you want more bass or more jazz then play a little with the settings until you get your desired sound.
4. Clean Your AirPods
Well, it might sound icky but the accumulation of earwax in your AirPods can also disturb the volume. It is ideal and recommended to clean your AirPods at regular intervals.
You should keep in mind not to use any damp or wet cloth to clean the AirPods. Never use any toothpick or any other sharp object to clean the mesh of the AirPods. Always use a soft tissue or cotton swab or maybe a toothbrush with soft bristles to clean them. You can find some interesting tips in the post on how to clean headphones.
5. Calibrate Your AirPods
You have to keep in mind that your AirPods and iPhone are two different devices. Therefore, they understand the idea of full or loud volume in a different manner. In this case, you will have to calibrate your AirPods with your iPhone in order to sync the volume.
Here are a few simple steps for you to follow:
- First, connect the AirPods to your iPhone and play music.
- Then turn down the volume of your AirPods to the lowest level till you can hear nothing
- Now disconnect your AirPods and again play the music using your iPhone’s speaker.
- Next, bring down the volume again to the lowest level and connect your AirPods to your iPhone.
- Now turn up the volume and check if it has resolved your problem.
6. Check if Both the Ears Share the Same Volume
At times, you may have noticed that one ear might sound a little lower or louder than the other one. This problem might be rising due to accessibility settings.
You can easily follow a few steps to fix this:
- Launch the Settings app.
- Then go to the general section and click on accessibility.
- Lastly, go to the Hearing section and make sure that the slider is in the middle. If the slider is not in the mid position then slide it back to fix this problem.
7. Restart Your Device
After being put through all the work, your device might require rebooting. Disconnect your Bluetooth and restart your device to see if it helps.
8. Update Your AirPods
AirPods can update themselves automatically. But there may be times during firmware updates that your AirPods has failed to do so.
Just follow these steps to keep your AirPods updated:
- Place your AirPods in the charging case and connect the charger
- Then keep your iOS device near to the case and by doing this your AirPods will update itself automatically.
9. Change the Volume Limit
Apple does not only think of providing you with the best technology out there but also keeps in mind not to cause any harm to your ears. To ensure your safety, Apple has installed a volume limit in your iPhone according to European Union’s recommended maximum for earbuds. This might also be the reason for that uncomfortably low sound.
You can always change this by launching the settings menu and changing the volume limit in the music option.
If you are using an iOS 14.3 device, then you won’t be able to find this option anymore. But Apple has been generous enough to replace it with another similar setting.
Follow the steps listed down to change your volume limit:
- Launch the Settings and go to Sounds and Haptics.
- Now tap on headphone safety.
- Then tap on Reduce Loud Sounds.
- Lastly, tap to toggle on Reduce Loud Sounds and drag the slider to the maximum level.
10. Reset AirPods to Factory Settings
If nothing seems to work for you can always try resetting your AirPods. This will solve a lot of problems and your AirPods will stop malfunctioning.
Follow these steps to reset your AirPods:
- Firstly, put your AirPods in the charging case and open the lid end.
- Then press and hold the back button of the case until the white light blinks 3 times.
- Now close the lid and the process is done.
Then try reconnecting your AirPods to your device. This method is likely to solve any software problem and might also make your AirPods louder. The AirPods may keep disconnecting initially, but the issue will get fixed on its own.
Quick Tips to Make Your AirPods Louder on Android
Android users also face volume issues with their AirPods.
For all the Android users out there, follow these steps to fix your problem:
- Open the settings menu.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and tap on the System menu.
- Locate the “Build Number” of your phone. You might also spot it in the “About Phone” section.
- Now, you will have to tap on the “Build Number” of your phone seven times and then you will receive a notification congratulating you for being a developer.
- Lastly, scroll down to disable the “Absolute Volume” and turn it to “On position.”
All the methods mentioned in the article have worked for us. Therefore, we recommend you try the same. If the problem persists after following all the steps listed by us, we suggest you contact a technician or go to the Apple store.
We sincerely hope you found the post on how to make AirPods louder useful. Let us know your views in the comment section below and what next do you want to hear from us.