TOZO never fails to surprise. This time around, the brand has launched a flagship product and powerhouse of sonic performance with active noise cancelation (ANC) and LDAC support, the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds.
After realizing and witnessing TOZO T10’s immense (and still growing) popularity, we were awaiting TOZO’s next masterstroke. And, to our surprise we came across TOZO Golden X1 while looking for the best headphones for heavy metal and rock music.
We were blown away by the fantastic bass, massive frequency range and excellent noise-canceling ability of the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds. They deliver great sound performance and have arrived on the market as a blessing for audiophiles. Also, these earbuds are TOZO’s first ever premium-quality, noise-canceling earbuds, certified by TUV Rheinland.
Don’t worry; we’ll not leave you with this half-baked information. We have written a detailed TOZO Golden X1 review to help you make an informed decision.
- Excellent ENC+ANC functionality
- Impeccable sound quality
- Wide frequency range (12 Hz to 44.1 kHz)
- Versatile and user-friendly TOZO app
- Intuitive and customizable smart touch controls
- Provide a snug and comfortable fit
- Durable and sturdy earbuds and charging case
- Digital battery-level indicator inside the charging case
- Reliable and fast Bluetooth 5.3 connectivity
- Easy to set up and use
- IPX6 rating; sweat- and water-resistant
- Absence of fast charging
- No in-ear detection
Unboxing the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds
We received the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds in a thoroughly sealed package. The package comprised the following items:
- A pair of TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds
- 6 pairs of eartips
- Wireless charging case
- A USB-C charging cable
- A user manual
TOZO Golden X1 – Design and Style
The TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds are pretty small and lightweight. Their oblong shape, 45-degree inclined angle, and intricately designed curved body ensure these earbuds fit perfectly inside your ears.
They come with 6 pairs of eartips in different sizes: XS/S/M/L/XL/XXL. Therefore, you don’t need to worry about finding the right size for yourself. We tried all the ear tips with different members in our team, and none of them experienced any fit-related issue whatsoever. Remember, getting the right fit with these earbuds is not important only from a comfort point of view. You also need a snug fit to enjoy the ANC feature in these earbuds.
The ear tips are made from a soft silicone material. We did not experience any slipping or falling-out issues with these earbuds.
All in all, the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds look stylish with a touch of elegance, thanks to their black and golden combination and matte finish.
While evaluating the design of these earbuds, we also noticed that their oblong shape is somewhat unique. They have a small stem to house “extra components” or bring the built-in mic closer to the users’ mouth.
Now, let’s talk about the extra components in the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds. They combine 12 mm high amplitude dynamic and balanced Knowles armature drivers into a single earbud body, producing balanced bass and treble for a great sound performance.
The wireless charging case of these earbuds looks pretty simple and basic. We did not observe anything special or unique about the case’s design. However, we loved the charging case’s matte finish, which means you’ll not find any fingerprints on it.
At the back of the charging case, you’ll find a USB-C input and an indicator bar in the front, which lights up when the case is charging. When you open the case, you will see a digital display with the case’s battery percentage when the earbuds are not inside and the earbuds’ battery percentage when they are in the case.
TOZO Golden X1 – Comfort
As discussed above, the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds fit comfortably inside the ears. You don’t need to keep pushing them inside your ears or twisting them periodically to get a proper fit.
To test the fit and comfort of these earbuds, we evaluated them during a morning run, and they do not pop out even once. We even wore these earbuds for listening to ASMR music while sleeping; however, they did not feel comfortable due to their oblong shape, which slightly protrudes. Therefore, unlike the TOZO T10 Earbuds, these earbuds are not suitable for sleeping.
TOZO Golden X1 – Waterproof Ability
The TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds are not waterproof or sweatproof. They are IPX6 rated, which means they are water- and sweat-resistant, and can withstand high pressure water jets for up to 3 minutes.
Therefore, you can use them in and around the pool, provided you don’t submerge them in water. You can even use them outdoors; however, ensure you don’t continue using them in the rain for more than 3-5 minutes.
TOZO Golden X1 – Battery Life and Charging
Per the brand’s description, the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds’ 55 mAh battery can work for 8 hours straight in a single charge and 32 hours with their charging case (meaning the case can charge the earbuds 3-4 times when fully charged), and our experience was not very different.
We assessed and evaluated the battery life of these earbuds with different features and functionalities. All in all, these earbuds can provide great sound quality for up to 8 hours at about 50% to 60% volume, without ANC on, and up to 30 hours with their charging case.
With ANC, you can use them for about 6 hours in a single charge, and up to 24 hours with their charging case. With multipoint and LDAC on, we could use the earbuds for about 5 to 6 hours. However, we did not observe any fast charging with the case (honestly, we were a little disappointed and expected these premium-quality earbuds to have this feature).
Per our experience, the charging case (with 500 mAh battery capacity) takes about 2-2.5 hours for a full charge. You can charge the case using the USB-C charging cable or wireless charging functionality. You can even use a Qi wireless charger to charge the charging case.
All in all, the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds’ charging case is pretty durable and sturdy. You can use it as a charging case or carry case for your earbuds when you are traveling.
TOZO Golden X1 – Sound Quality and Performance
Simple and straight, the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds sound fantastic.
The powerful combination of Carbon Nanotube Diaphragm Dynamic and Armature drivers deliver a broad frequency range (12 Hz to 44.1 KHz). Therefore, these earbuds sound great when you are listening to heavy metal, rock, drums, and so on. They don’t just deliver deep and rich bass but they also have extremely balanced treble.
Honestly, TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds are one of the most “accurate-sounding” earbuds we have come across.
To test the sound performance of these earbuds, we picked the song Paradise by Coldplay with different sounds coming from different directions. And, they sounded perfect. No sound clipping, no distortion, nothing went wrong.
The TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds come with a wide soundstage. With Origx and Hi-Res Audio Wireless high-quality sound technologies, these earbuds are a blessing for audiophiles. Add LDAC HD Audio-decoding, and these earbuds win an edge over the Apple AirPods.
However, we could not test the LDAC functionality with these earbuds as we couldn’t get our hand on any suitable FLAC files.
ENC, ANC and Transparency Modes
The TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds come with dual noise-canceling power. They support both Environmental Noise Cancelation (ENC) and ANC to reduce background noise and deliver excellent bass quality.
On the one hand, ANC helps reduce unwanted background noise by canceling it completely, and on the other hand, ENC uses built-in microphones to reduce background noise but while preserving the subject’s voice. ENC only works when you are using the earbuds’ mics.
In simpler words, ANC can be useful in canceling external noises (especially low-frequency noises, such as traffic, airplanes engines, etc.) and ENC can help in enhancing the quality of your conversations by eliminating external noises but preserving the voice of the person conversing with you.
Together, both ANC and ENC can reduce up to 42 dB of ambient noise.
The Reduce Wind Noise feature is another feather in TOZO Golden X1’s hat. You can use this feature to listen to your favorite songs without getting disturbed by the strong winds blowing around you.
Lastly, if you want to listen to what’s happening around you, simply switch on the Transparency mode.
TOZO App and 16+ Preset Modes
To further enhance or modify the sound quality of your TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds, all you need to do is download the TOZO app from the Google Play store on Android or App store on iOS.
The first thing this app will prompt you to do is take a sound design test. While you’ll be tempted to skip it and directly hop on the eq settings, we highly recommend taking this test as it will play different sounds and ask you to select “Yes” or “No” to ensure you are in a silent environment.
The app’s interface is extremely well designed and user friendly.
Some of the striking features of this app include:
- Battery indicators for your left and right earbuds
- 16 different EQ modes
- Reduce Wind Noise and Leisure modes
- Firmware updates
- Customizable touch controls
We used the equalizer to add a V shape to the sound signature and make the sound experience more fun and energetic by boosting the bass and treble. The resulting sound was bright and clear treble, clear mids and vocals, and ample directionality in the music.
Ensure you update the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds’ firmware to the latest version for best performance.
View on Amazon: TOZO Golden X1 Wireless Earbuds
TOZO Golden X1 – Controls
The TOZO Golden X Earbuds come with intuitive and smart touch controls that are easy to customize and use. You can activate different controls on pressing the earbuds once, twice, or thrice, or holding and pressing them for up to 2 seconds.
You can use both left and right earbuds to play/pause music, answer calls, disconnect calls (press once), and reject calls. However, there are certain functionalities that are unique to each earbud.
For example, you can use only the left earbud to play the previous song, lower the volume, or activate the ANC/transparent mode. Similarly, you can use only the right earbud to play the next song on your playlist, increase the volume, or activate the voice assistant.
Remember, you can customize the controls per your convenience using the TOZO+ app.
We did not experience any issues while using the touch controls.
TOZO Golden X1 – Connectivity
The TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds use the latest Bluetooth 5.3 for wireless convenience. The pairing process is pretty simple and quick.
We did not observe any latency issues or signal interruptions while playing music using Bluetooth.
Excellent Multipoint Connectivity
One of the most striking features of the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds is multipoint connectivity. With this feature, you can seamlessly connect these earbuds with multiple devices and switch them from one device to another, without disconnecting them from the first device. We tested this functionality with the following combinations while playing music and taking calls:
- Android smartphone and Apple iPhone
- Android smartphone and Windows laptop
In both cases, the earbuds switched in a jiffy. Moreover, the multipoint functionality works flawlessly even when you are running LDAC on both your devices.
TOZO Golden X1 – Call Quality
The TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds’ come with decent built-in mics that work perfectly during phone calls.
These earbuds can make your voice sound a little artificial or rather warm on phone calls.
We tested the mic quality in silent and noisy environments, and in the latter case, they did just fine. Our voices did not sound very clear and crisp. However, the overall call quality on phone calls and video calls was pretty good.
TOZO Golden X1 vs. Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II
While evaluating the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds, we strongly felt the urge to compare them against one of the best Bose earbuds on the market: Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II.
Even though Bose is an established brand in the audio equipment industry, and TOZO is a fairly new brand compared to Bose, we felt the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds can compete with the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II in some aspects listed below.
- Both TOZO Golden X1 and Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II have an oblong shape with a small stem.
- TOZO Golden X1 is IPX6 rated, while the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II are IPX4 rated.
- TOZO Golden X1 can provide up to 8 hours of battery in a single charge and up to 32 hours with the charging case, whereas the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II can provide about 6 hours of battery in a single charge and 24 hours with the charging case. Nevertheless, the latter come with the quick charge option.
- TOZO Golden X1’s charging case can be charged using both USB-C cable and wireless chargers, whereas Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II’s charging case can only be charged using a USB-C cable.
- The overall sound quality of both earbuds is excellent and it’s difficult to tell which is better. However, the frequency range of the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds (14 Hz to 44.1 kHz) is wider than the frequency range of the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II (20 Hz to 20 kHz). Therefore, the bass and treble performance of TOZO Golden X1 is slightly better than the QuietComfort Earbuds II.
- Both earbuds deliver an excellent ANC experience. However, the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds also have ENC, in addition to ANC, for enhanced noise-canceling when listening to music or having an in-person/virtual conversation.
- The Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II are slightly more comfortable than the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds for extended use. They come with Bose Fit Kit comprising 3 pairs of eartips and 3 pairs of stability bands to ensure an accurate and snug fit. After all, they have “comfort” in their name itself.
- The TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds are more affordable than the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II.
TOZO Golden X1 vs. TOZO T10
Even though the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds and TOZO T10 Bluetooth 5.3 Wireless Earbuds are two very different offerings by TOZO, we thought it would be a good idea to compare one of the most popular earbuds by TOZO with their flagship product.
- The TOZO T10 earbuds are pill-shaped, whereas the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds come with an oblong shape and a small stem.
- Both TOZO T10 and TOZO Golden X1 are comfortable in their own rights. However, you cannot use the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds when sleeping.
- The TOZO T10 Earbuds are waterproof IPX8 rated. Therefore, they are sweatproof and waterproof. On the other hand, the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds are IPX6 rated. They are only sweat- and water-resistant.
- The battery life of the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds is slightly better than TOZO T10. The TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds can provide up to 8 hours (without ANC) of battery life in a single charge, whereas the TOZO T10 Earbuds can deliver up to 7 hours of battery life in a single charge.
- The sound quality of both earbuds is great. The TOZO T10 Earbuds deliver decent bass, clear vocals, and balanced highs. They cover a frequency range starting from 16 Hz and going up to 20 kHz. Whereas, the TOZO Golden XI Earbuds deliver rich bass and treble, and crisp vocal. They cover a broader frequency range: 12 Hz to 44.1 KHz. However, for their price, the TOZO T10 Earbuds deliver pretty decent sound performance.
- The TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds support the ANC feature (along with ENC). However, the TOZO T10 Earbuds do not have the ANC feature. They block out external noise passively.
- The TOZO T10 Earbuds are more affordable than TOZO Golden X1. However, the latter’s higher price is justified by their ANC/ENC, 12mm Dynamic Driver, Knowles Armature and multipoint connectivity feature.
- You can use the TOZO app with TOZO Golden X1; however, the app currently does not work with TOZO T10.
View on Amazon: TOZO T10 Bluetooth 5.3 Wireless Earbuds
All in all, the TOZO Golden X1 Earbuds can be a great buy if you are looking for earbuds with a broad frequency range, ANC, and powerful sound. Even though they are somewhat expensive, they are worth every penny you’ll spend on them. They are comfortable and solid earbuds with an elegant matte finish.
After evaluating these earbuds through and through, we are impressed with TOZO’s move to launch them and compete head on with top brands like Bose, Soundcore, Sony, and so on.
We honestly felt they can compete with popular earbuds by big brands, such as the Bose QuietComfort Earbuds II.