Are you wondering – “can you use Bluetooth headphones on PS4?” What if we tell you you can achieve the same? You can take inspiration from our in-depth guide and apply it to any PS4 model. In addition, you won’t have a hard time connecting AirPods with PS4 as it is possible, but the steps are complicated. In this write-up, we are going to break the information into pieces.
Connecting your Bluetooth headphones to your PS4 is a bit more involved than simply connecting them to your phone or computer. In this guide, we will walk you through the process step-by-step so that you can start using your headphones with your PS4 as soon as possible.
Let’s get started!
Can You Use Bluetooth Headphones On PS4?
Yes, you can use Bluetooth headphones with PS4. If you don’t want to connect wired headphones to your PS4 and instead enjoy your Bluetooth headset, you can do it easily. It doesn’t matter if you have unsupported Bluetooth headphones or non-compatible wired headphones; there is a solution to every situation. There are several ways to connect wireless headphones with PS4. So let’s discuss them in detail.
Ways You Can Use Bluetooth Headphones On PS4?
There are a few different ways to use wireless headsets with your PS4. Here are a few of the most popular methods:
Use a Bluetooth Transmitter
Another option is to use a Bluetooth transmitter, which will plug into the audio output of your PS4 and then broadcast a signal that your headphones can connect to. It is a great option if you want to use multiple sets of headphones with your PS4 or to be able to move around freely while you’re gaming.
Use the PS4 Controller
If your headphones have a Bluetooth connection, you can also connect them directly to your PS4 controller. To do this, put your controller into pairing mode and follow the instructions with your headphones to connect them.
Use the PS4’s Built-In App
If your PS4 has the latest firmware update, you can also use the built-in Bluetooth Audio app to connect your headphones. To do this, launch the app and then follow the instructions to connect your headphones.
Use a Third-Party App
There are also a few third-party apps that you can use to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your PS4. One of the most popular options is the PS4 Remote Play app, which will let you stream your PS4’s audio to your headphones. To use this app, download and install it on your PC or Mac, and then follow the instructions to connect your headphones.
No matter which method you choose, you should be able to easily connect your Bluetooth headphones to your PS4 and start gaming. If you have any trouble connecting, check the instructions with your headphones or adapter for troubleshooting tips.
How Can You Connect Compatible Non-Wired Headphones to Your PS4?
Let’s take a look at the steps given below; most Bluetooth audio devices or wireless headphones should work seamlessly using these steps:
- The first step is to put your Bluetooth headset into pairing mode. It is usually done by holding down the power button for a few seconds until you see a blinking light or an on-screen prompt.
- Once your headphones are in pairing mode, open the Settings menu on your PS4 and navigate to Devices > select Bluetooth devices.
- Select your headphones from the list of available devices and select Pair.
- You may be prompted to enter a PIN code on your headphones. If so, enter 0000 and select Pair.
- Once you pair your headphones, you should see them listed under Connected Devices.
- To use your headphones with in-game audio, navigate Settings > Devices > Audio Devices and select your headphones from the Output Device drop-down menu.
- You can now close the Settings menu and enjoy your game with audio coming through your Bluetooth headphones.
But, for example, the wireless headphones you have are a gold wireless headset. The connection to the PS4 becomes seamless because the Bluetooth audio devices in these headsets are best optimized to work with PS4.
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones To PS4?
Using a Bluetooth Adapter
You can connect your wireless headphones to the PS4 using a Bluetooth adapter. Once connected, you will be able to hear game audio and chat through the headphones.
There are a few things to keep in mind when using Bluetooth headphones with a PS4:
- The headphones will need to be paired with the PS4 using a Bluetooth adapter.
- You may need to adjust the audio settings on the PS4 to get the best sound quality.
- Remember that not all Bluetooth headphones will work with the PS4.
Now that you know how to connect Bluetooth headphones to a PS4 let’s get into the details.
What You Need to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
To connect Bluetooth headphones to a PS4, you will need:
- A PS4
- A Bluetooth adapter
- Bluetooth headphones
- A 3.5mm audio cable (optional)
How to Connect Bluetooth Headphones to PS4
Follow these steps to connect Bluetooth headphones to a PS4:
- Turn on your PS4 and Bluetooth headphones.
- Plug the Bluetooth adapter into the PS4’s USB port.
- Put your Bluetooth headphones in pairing mode.
- Select “Settings”> “Devices”> “Bluetooth Devices” on the PS4 menu.
- Select the Bluetooth headphones when they appear on the list of devices.
- Follow the prompts to complete the pairing process.
- Once paired, you should be able to hear game audio and chat through the headphones.
If you’re having trouble connecting your Bluetooth headphones to the PS4, try using a 3.5mm audio cable to connect the headphones to the PS4’s controller. It will bypass the need for a Bluetooth connection and allow you to hear game audio through the headphones.
Keep in mind that not all Bluetooth headphones will work with the PS4. If your headphones are having trouble connecting, or if you’re not getting any sound, likely, they’re not compatible with the console. So, you have to connect compatible wired headphones to your ps4.
Adjusting the Audio Settings on PS4
Once you’ve connected your Bluetooth headphones to the PS4, you may need to adjust the audio settings to get the best sound quality. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select “Settings”> “Sound and Screen”> “Audio Output Settings” on the PS4 menu.
- Select “Output to Headphones” and set it to “All Audio.”
- Adjust the “Volume Control (Headphones)” setting to your preferred volume level.
Side Note: You can also adjust the EQ settings on the PS4 to get better sound quality from your headphones. To do this, follow these steps:
- Select “Settings”> “Sound and Screen”> “Audio Output Settings” on the PS4 menu.
- Select “Output to Headphones” and set it to “Chat Audio.”
- Adjust the “Equalizer” setting to your preferred sound.
Keep in mind that the audio quality of Bluetooth headphones can vary depending on the model and make of the headphones. Suppose you’re not happy with the sound quality you’re getting from your Bluetooth headphones. In that case, we recommend trying a different pair of headphones.
Can You Use Bluetooth Headphones on PS4 Without a Bluetooth Adapter?
It’s a common question that many gamers ask- can you use Bluetooth headphones on PS4 without a Bluetooth adapter? The answer is yes and no. It all depends on the type of headphones you have and how the company designed them.
There are two types of Bluetooth headphones: those with a built-in Bluetooth transmitter and those without. The former will work with your PS4 without any additional hardware. At the same time, the latter will require a Bluetooth transmitter to connect wirelessly.
If your headphones have a built-in Bluetooth transmitter, you need to put them in pairing mode and connect them to your PS4 like any other Bluetooth device. Suppose your headphones don’t have a built-in Bluetooth transmitter. In that case, you’ll need to purchase a separate USB Bluetooth adapter to connect them wirelessly.
Bluetooth adapters come in many different shapes and sizes. Still, they all serve the same purpose: to transmit a Bluetooth signal from your PS4 to your headphones. However there are a few ways to connect a Bluetooth adapter to your PS4, but the most common is via the USB port.
Once you’ve connected your Bluetooth USB adapter to your PS4, you’ll need to put it into pairing mode so that your headphones can connect to it. Once they’re paired, you’ll be able to enjoy wireless audio from your Bluetooth headphones!
Do Bluetooth Devices Like AirPods Work With PS4?
If you are looking for a way to use your AirPods with your PS4, you may be out of luck. Unfortunately, there is no official way to connect AirPods to a PS4 console. However, that doesn’t mean that there isn’t a workaround that you can use to get your AirPods working with your PS4.
Another option is to connect your AirPods to a Bluetooth transmitter compatible with the PS4. It will allow you to use your AirPods with any game or application that supports Bluetooth audio on the PS4.
You can also connect them to the console using a Bluetooth adapter. Here’s how to do it.
- Turn on your PS4 and go to Settings > Devices > Bluetooth Devices.
- Put your AirPods in their case and open the lid.
- Press and hold the setup button on the back of the case until the light starts blinking white.
- Select “Add New Device” on your PS4 and then select your AirPods from the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Enter the passcode on your screen and press X to finish pairing.
Your AirPods are now connected to your PS4, and you can use them for gaming or listening to music. If you want to use them for chatting, you’ll need to connect a headset to the controller.
How to Connect a Bluetooth Headset to PS4?
If you want to connect a headset to your PS4, you must purchase a gaming headset adapter. This adapter will allow you to plug your headset into the PS4 controller.
Once you have done this, you will be able to use your headset with the PS4. It would be best to keep in mind a few things when you are using a headset with the PS4.
First, you need to make sure that the headset is compatible with the PS4.
Second, you need to ensure that the adapter is correctly plugged into the controller.
Third, you need to ensure that you have the proper settings to use your headset with the PS4.
If you follow these steps, you should be able to use your headset with the PS4 without any problems.
Can You Use a USB Headset on PS4?
To use a USB headset on PS4, you’ll need to make sure it’s compatible with the console. Not all USB headsets will work with the PS4, so you’ll need to check the compatibility list before buying one.
Even if your USB headset is compatible with the PS4, it may not work properly unless you update its firmware.
We hope this guide has helped teach you how to use Bluetooth headphones on your PS4. If you are wondering if you can connect Bluetooth Headphones to Xbox One, check out our other guide! Please feel free to leave them in the comments section below if you have any further questions. As always, happy gaming!